• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

Swisher's vagina just got a little wider.
ldbigvagina.jpg

You're absolutely right. It's frustrating and depressing all at once.

I applaud the Dolans for finally giving a shit this year, especially for hiring Tito.

But the fact of the matter is that they're still despised by Indians fans, and they've still got an awful long way to go to truly prove they're building a perennial contender.

Still, I'm extremely proud of what this team has accomplished. The turnaround has been downright stunning.

I applaud the Dolans for finally giving a shit this year, especially for hiring Tito.

But the fact of the matter is that they're still despised by Indians fans, and they've still got an awful long way to go to truly prove they're building a perennial contender.

Still, I'm extremely proud of what this team has accomplished. The turnaround has been downright stunning.
The future does look bright. I have hope. Truth is, this has been a pretty great season and I've had an awful lot of fun following the team. It sure was great seeing all the enthusiasm and hype for the team around town these past few days and one can only hope we see a lot more of that in the future.

The future does look bright. I have hope. Truth is, this has been a pretty great season and I've had an awful lot of fun following the team. It sure was great seeing all the enthusiasm and hype for the team around town these past few days and one can only hope we see a lot more of that in the future.

I just pray we can actually compete with the big boys next year. We've gotten schooled by elite teams all season.

The Indians made it to the playoffs an entire year ahead of schedule. Can't say I'm not surprised.

Not sure who I want to win now. Probably the Pirates.

God, this game sucked, but God, this season was such a wonderful surprise.

Yep. I can't be too upset. Tito got them to believe and achieve some great things down the stretch. Now they'll have the confidence, and we should attract some good free agents. Players love playing for Tito.

cashman

Banned
You think Profar(+) for Stanton will happen? I'm just curious of your opinion.

I don't think the Marlins would be willing to trade Stanton at this point. But I still believe that Profar's value hasn't taken a major hit. Certainly wouldn't be worth trading 5 years from Profar to get one year of James fucking Shields.

I don't think the Marlins would be willing to trade Stanton at this point. But I still believe that Profar's value hasn't taken a major hit. Certainly wouldn't be worth trading 5 years from Profar to get one year of James fucking Shields.

I meant at the time the trade was made, so 2013 and 2014. Plus another one of their prospects. I should have elaborated, don't get me wrong I think Profar will be a good solid player. I just don't think he's gonna elevate to phenom level with this hitting.

/opinions

edit: If I had a choice between the Garza trade or this imaginary Shields trade I'd go with Shields.

cashman

Banned
I meant at the time the trade was made, so 2013 and 2014. Plus another one of their prospects. I should have elaborated, don't get me wrong I think Profar will be a good solid player. I just don't think he's gonna elevate to phenom level with this hitting.

/opinions

edit: If I had a choice between the Garza trade or this imaginary Shields trade I'd go with Shields.

If the Rangers wanted Shields at the time they could have gotten him without Profar (If Dayton Moore wasn't a dummy). There's no way you'd trade Profar for non elite talent.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Got tomorrow off. Cant wait to relax and watch 2 games instead of having to listen to parts of games on radio :D

With Elvis Andrus locked down for another 8 years with his contract extension I was fine having Leury Garcia as a backup.

You always hear that Kinsler will be moved to OF but it doesn't happen so whats the point in keeping Profar? You can't move Elvis anywhere else if Kinsler is at 2B.

Instead Jon Daniels made desperation trades all fucking season long giving up more than he got when other franchises knew he was desperate. Rather than being smart and cashing in his chips at the right time.

They traded Mike Olt in the Garza trade who was a pretty good backup 1B/3B. Baker not that good at 3B. So now as Rangers fans we gotta watch Beltre hobble around the bases at the end of the season cause there's no one to give him a night off.

The Rangers have fucking mirrored the Mavericks for the last 2 years. Hobbling into the playoffs being a one and done team a year after being in the championship. Then trying to limp into the playoffs at the last minute and failing the year after.

So would I trade Profar to get the pieces I need to elevate a slightly above average team? Hell fucking yes.

BTW I hope the Rangers resign Lance Berkman that way after he gets hurt from falling in the shower 20 games in they can put a big fucking BB on the back of his jersey.

/rant off gratz rays

Top Bottom