• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

ReMaKe

Man, I love Big Papi. I've never seen a baseball player loved more in a city then he is in boston. His personality fits right in.

The worst part about this sour ending to the Tigers season is that Scherzer will get Cy, Miggy might get MVP. So that will completely wipe the minds of fans and they'll cheering Leyland once more.

I love Bobby V. I called it since day one.

It's all Pedroia's fault, I know. There, there buddy.

Khalid-S

To be fair a lot of people predicted the blue jays to do well.

I really don't think Blue Jays will be any better next season.

Who knew being able to shed over 100 million in payroll and rebuild with free agents would work out so well.

Sox gambled during the pre-season. Signed an injured free agent who turned out to be good (Napoli), an aged player who many fans and reporters said he's done (Victorino) + The way they dealt with the sudden bullpen injuries and a terrible post-season pitcher who turned out to be an amazing closer! (Koji) It wasn't easy at all. No one had high expectations for Gomes and Drew.

Brofist

bdAhrR0.gif

DiscoJer

Gonna be a good WS. Still have a sour taste after the Cards got swept.

Yeah, the 2004 Cardinals were the best team I've seen. At least offensively. It was a shock to see them just get swept so soundly.

This time the starting pitching is better though...

I went to one Red Sex game this year. "This is our fucking city". That was the one.
Anyways I'm not worthy of this OT other than I was born 10 minutes out of Boston 40+ years ago.

vikki

I went to one Red Sex game this year. "This is our fucking city". That was the one.
Anyways I'm not worthy of this OT other than I was born 10 minutes out of Boston 40+ years ago.

Sure you are. Someone will suggest tht you are a lifelong and then everyone will move on.

Sure you are. Someone will suggest tht you are a lifelong and then everyone will move on.
I could tell you exactly where I was when My dad let me stay up late for Yaz's 3,000th hit, where I was when Hendu hit the home run, how my first curse words in front of my mom were when the ball went through Buckners legs, how I refused to go into the city up 3-0 to the Cardinals in 2004 because 30+ years of failure in my life told me to stay home and expect the worst..
Anyways this post brought to you by Shipyard Pumpkin and Shane Victorino.

Meier

Oh man, just seeing the replay of the inning where they won. That should have been an inning ender on that ground ball up the middle.

DarkFlow

Banned
I could tell you exactly where I was when My dad let me stay up late for Yaz's 3,000th hit, where I was when Hendu hit the home run, how my first curse words in front of my mom were when the ball went through Buckners legs, how I refused to go into the city up 3-0 to the Cardinals in 2004 because 30+ years of failure in my life told me to stay home and expect the worst..
Anyways this post brought to you by Shipyard Pumpkin and Shane Victorino.
I remember 04, taking me from the lowest of the lows to the highest of the highs of being a red Sox fan. I also will also always remember it for being a month before my mom died and that we both got to see the sox win together.

Unlucky

I remember the last time the Tigers won the World Series. It was 1984, and I was five. My dad was watching the game on TV and I was playing with my toys. Then, one of the baseball players caught a ball. My dad leaped up off the couch, cheering. On TV all the players ran out onto the field, celebrating. I remember thinking, "The guy caught a ball, what's the big deal?"
http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=7839515

There were riots afterwards.

This would be a lame series either way; STL vs DET has been done before in boring fashion and so has STL vs BOS. I guess this way we at least have some chance for a good revenge story after the 2004 WS whoopin' STL got.

Dr Prob

Banned
What a great week. Started off with the Saints fucking up, enabling Brady to force Rob Ryan to make that face, then later that night Ortiz hits the grand slam which sends Torrie Hunter tumbling into the bullpen. Lackey beats Verlander, little hiccup with Peavey's shitshow, but now we have another Tiger falling down, another grand slam and where does the week end up? With the other Ryan.

Out one side, around the universe and back again. Let's go eat a goddamn snack!

Still wish the dodgers won though.

This would be a lame series either way; STL vs DET has been done before in boring fashion and so has STL vs BOS. I guess this way we at least have some chance for a good revenge story after the 2004 WS whoopin' STL got.

The main factor in this is that the Cardinals exist.

Edwardo

As long as the Sox made it to the world series, I don't care who we have to face. It would've been nice to give LA a beatdown, but the Cards will do. Sox in 5.

Good Job, Good Effort Detroit.

tigersads1.gif

Top Bottom