• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

Sanjuro

Sanjuro you were at the cask last night? My girl and I tried to get in around the 5th and they said they were not letting anyone in for the rest of the night.

We ended up at Yard House down the street.

I was at the Cask'n for most of the game.

Wandered into The Lansdowne and Jillian's later.

cashman

Banned
It feels like this will be an easy one for the Cards.

World Series used to be better before interleague play. Now, it's like 'who cares?'

I agree with you. WS has really lost most of its hype especially now that interleague is year round. The real achievement is winning the League Pennant.

With identical 97-65 records, the Cardinals and Red Sox are meeting in the World Series as the two teams who finished with the best records in their leagues.

The last World Series that featured the top two teams in each league was the 1999 World Series between the Yankees and the Braves. The Braves topped the NL (and all of baseball) with a 103-59 record. The Yankees topped the AL with a 98-64 record. The Yankees swept the Braves in four games.

The Diamondbacks finished that season ahead of the Yankees with a 100-62 record, but were eliminated in the NLDS by the Mets.

Vastradamus jinx?

Lack of HFA and the unknown of how Craig will fare after 1.5 months without game action makes it a tough series for the Cards. Other than that, the teams look pretty evenly matched on paper.

lol. you got it.

I love how some people get really pissed off, not seeing that Vastradamus is in fact a reverse-jinx troll scheme. If it works, then my intended results happen and I'm happy. If it doesn't, I get to claim that I have magic powers of prophecy.

eznark

Banned
lol. you got it.

I love how some people get really pissed off, not seeing that Vastradamus is in fact a reverse-jinx troll scheme. If it works, then my intended results happen and I'm happy. If it doesn't, I get to claim that I have magic powers of prophecy.

I love how you think people didn't figure this out years ago. If anyone is pissed/annoyed it's because the shtick got old.

eznark

Banned
Yesssssss

dusty-baker.jpg

No way Dusty gets hired - though the Tigers might be helped by a guy who will leave his starter in for 135-140 pitches rather than one who pulls them after 105.

I'm not even sure who else is available.

BFIB

I wonder if this has been planned by Leyland, or if the Tigers are pushing him out?

Either way, I'm sure Baker has already been calling the Tigers.

Supposedly he told the CBS guy that he no longer had the same passion for the game or something and decided this would be his last season over a month ago.

He just said that age has caught up with him and it'd be his last year. Did you want him to just quit in September during a divisional race?

eznark

Banned
He just said that age has caught up with him and it'd be his last year. Did you want him to just quit in September during a divisional race?

Why not? If he no longer had any passion for managing baseball let someone else take over.

Leyland told his players he had known for about a month, even citing a specific day -- Sept. 7 -- when he made the decision, a person in the room said Monday morning.

He had checked out a month ago.

BFIB

I think its just a case of Leyland looking into next year, being 68, decided that this year, win or lose, was it.

Don't think that meant he "checked out" a month ago, just that he decided that this year, win or lose, he was done managing.

Malo

Banned
Dodgers signed Alexander Guerrero to a 4 year $28 million deal with incentives that can push it to $32 million.

That takes them out of the Cano sweepstakes and Mark Ellis will most likely get bought out.

3N16MA

Banned
His mandatory yoga, tea, and poetry sessions will lead Cabrera back to the bottle, ultimately plowing his Chrysler into a crowded American Jewelry and Loan.

Maddon's image is all a sham. He drinks bourbon and eats triple cheeseburgers after every game.

Top Bottom