• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

eznark

Banned
He's not into chicks.

larussa_tony.jpg

Just heard the Mattingly press conference today. What is up with him saying he doesn't want to be somewhere that he isn't wanted? Dodgers had a great year this year.

Bryan Price, I see.

He won't make it past 2 seasons... but thanks for hiring a guy within the organization. That will truly be the best way to shake up the clubhouse! He'll really change the culture with his wild, fresh outsider point of view.

eznark

Banned
I really like and respect Price for the way he handled the Melvin situation in Arizona. No idea what type of manager he'll be but definitely a stand up guy.

3N16MA

Banned
Guys, question..

If you could, would you start Napoli as a catcher instead of Salty?

He was actually decent at 1B this season which means he should stay there. Now if I really had control I would start him at CF or SS so they Sox would be fucked. That's just me.

ToxicAdam

I think its just a case of Leyland looking into next year, being 68, decided that this year, win or lose, was it.

Don't think that meant he "checked out" a month ago, just that he decided that this year, win or lose, he was done managing.

SImmons had a funny quote on his podcast, he said that Jim just couldn't stand the idea of having to watching Prince Fielder play anymore.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Lots of random speculation on the local sports radio talk shows about who Dodgers ownership would bring in to replace Mattingly if he was let go. Everything from Scioscia to Dusty to LaRussa, lol.

JABEE

Those signs. :lol

I wonder if A-Rod paid those people to hold those signs.

On an unrelated note, the Phillies are going to be signing a new TV deal soon. Amaro without any fear of the luxury tax will be interesting.

XiaNaphryz

I really dont understand this at all. They went like 42-9 or something crazy to get back in it. Why are they in such a hurry to get rid of him?

Maybe they think the team did well despite him being the manager? Or maybe they don't think that stretch is enough to make up for the rest of his managing career to date. Wasn't he also in danger of losing his job earlier in the season before they went on that tear?

Or maybe Magic's going to bring in Pat Riley to manage.

3N16MA

Banned
I really dont understand this at all. They went like 42-9 or something crazy to get back in it. Why are they in such a hurry to get rid of him?

He was on the hot seat before that run. Maybe the turn around had more to do with Hanley and Puig in the lineup along with Greinke coming back than Donny.

XiaNaphryz

My image of Mattingly will always be that game against the Giants where he visited the mound twice in the top of the 9th leading by 1 run, forcing him to change relievers and they would immediately give up 3 runs.

Top Bottom