• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

BFIB

Would love to pay them back with a sweep, but that may be a little over optimistic. How about Cardinals in 6 for me as well.

A sweep would be awesome, but I don't see that happening. Teams are pretty even across the board. To me, the wild card is Craig. If he's on, even at 85%, our lineup completely changes.

Beltran will win the series by himself. He wants that MVP award almost as much as he wants that ring. He'll bat >0.400 with double-digit RBIs, 2-3 HRs, no strikeouts, no errors, and a couple IBBs... which he'll then use as an opportunity to get one or two steals.

Sanjuro

I just want the Cards to win so ESPN won't have to do a 30 for 30 on the Red Sox beards.

5Z9AL3Q.jpg

lBeCux0.jpg

So I bought the mlb.tv international postseason subscription for the World Series and the ondemand videos still have the commercial breaks!? @_@
They should learn something from NFL.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
So I bought the mlb.tv international postseason subscription for the World Series and the ondemand videos still have the commercial breaks!? @_@
They should learn something from NFL.
you should be able to skip them if you click the inning or at bat.

BFIB

Guys, the Red Sox grew beards and built comraderie. Sure, other teams have done it before, but this year its the Red Sox so it means everything.

I know Middlebrooks is pouting that he isn't a starter. He hasn't done anything significant this year to warrant that level of loyalty from the manager and/or the organization.Bogaerts had some real impressive at bats in the ALCS.

3N16MA

Banned
I know Middlebrooks is pouting that he isn't a starter. He hasn't done anything significant this year to warrant that level of loyalty from the manager and/or the organization.Bogaerts had some real impressive at bats in the ALCS.

He did go ape shit when called up late in the season but then vanished after getting the flu or something.

BFIB

Lineups:

Cardinals Lineup
2B Matt Carpenter
RF Carlos Beltran
LF Matt Holliday
DH Allen Craig
C Yadier Molina
3B David Freese
1B Matt Adams
CF Shane Robinson
SS Pete Kozma
SP Adam Wainwright

Red Sox Lineup
CF Jacoby Ellsbury
RF Shane Victorino
2B Dustin Pedroia
DH David Ortiz
1B Mike Napoli
LF Jonny Gomes
3B Xander Bogaerts
SS Stephen Drew
C David Ross
SP Jon Lester

3N16MA

Banned
Choo:

2008-2010: 1701 PA, .398 wOBA, 142 wRC+, 15.1 rWAR/13.8 fWAR

2011-2013: 1756 PA, .366 wOBA, 134 wRC+, 9.3 rWAR/9.0 fWAR

He forgot how to play defense and hit lefties on top of lower overall offensive numbers.

Pryce

Choo:

2008-2010: 1701 PA, .398 wOBA, 142 wRC+, 15.1 rWAR/13.8 fWAR

2011-2013: 1756 PA, .366 wOBA, 134 wRC+, 9.3 rWAR/9.0 fWAR

He forgot how to play defense and hit lefties on top of lower overall offensive numbers.

His #'s look to be going down. I feel that he would be really good for the Giants, though. Think he would work well at AT&T park.

I still wouldn't hand out the kind of contracts people expect him to get at his age. But that's just me.

JABEE

J Roll with the great analysis.

Have an exam tonight! Doesn't get out until a little after nine. Hopefully the Red Sox aren't eliminated until then.
I hope to God you don't go to school in Boston. Your professor should know the World Series starts tonight!

Top Bottom