• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

rando14

Lincecum deal is for 2/35 with a NTC.

ibxxLigloLsjmz.gif

As a Dodgers fan, I wouldn't mind Manny Acta. Forward thinking manager.

Instead we'll probably hire Dusty Baker so we can bunt until the end of time.
They waiting for the guy down the street. Give him his due to come home. Wallach would be another option

Malo

Banned
Are you surprised? Sabean Fucking loves to spend money. Especially on people who performed for him in the past.
Slightly since Timmy has been about a league average starter the last two years. Imagine the contract he's going to give Timmy if he bounces back these next two years? it's going to be glorious.

Am I wrong for wanting the Cards to win the WS this year and for the Giants, behind Timmy as their ace in the 2014 season, to win the WS next year?

Am I wrong for wanting the Cards to win the WS this year and for the Giants, behind Timmy as their ace in the 2014 season, to win the WS next year?
If the Cards win it all this year, I'd be more than willing to concede the 2014 title to the Giants if it means the Cards win the 2015 WS.

I hate the Yankees and completely agree that the 4th best managerial job this season in the AL was Girardi. That team played above their level by quite a bit.

For the same reasoning if they did the reverse of this I'd give whomever the fuck was the manager of the Blue Jays the nod for being the worst manager of the year in the AL.

John Gibbons isn't a very good manager, but I don't think it was his fault the Jays were as terrible as they were. Pretty much everyone on the team got hurt for significant stretches of time, and by August they were basically putting their Triple-A team on the field for every game.

Plus, I mean, they had a one game improvement over 2012. With that kind of incremental improvement, the playoffs are sure to follow
in 2029 or so
!

Sanjuro

Underachieved? Yeah, no. With the crap ton of injuries, the A-Rod drama, the starting rotation being inconsistent and unreliable, and having to play scrubs like Vernon Wells, Nuñez, Chris Stewart, Overbay, Ichiro, and Jayson Nix the majority of the season, we actually overachieved.

We had a negative run differential of - 21 and our pythad record had us a under 500 team. Girardi took a bunch of mediocre talent to a 85-77 record. That's the textbook definition of overachieving.

I'm not going to pull out the revisionist paint, use it on the Yankees as some gritty underdogs who had no sniff at a playoff spot.

Plenty of injuries, no adjustments.

Pryce

At least that keeps Colletti from trying to get Lincecum. I was afraid that we might've went after him.

I wouldn't have minded to go after him on a one year deal. If he doesn't work as a starter, I'd put him in the bullpen.

But the Giants overspending is certainly better. :)

I wouldn't have minded to go after him on a one year deal. If he doesn't work as a starter, I'd put him in the bullpen.

But the Giants overspending is certainly better. :)
He would be a nice bullpen arm but not for that much.

I'd rather we focus our efforts on possibly acquiring Masahiro Tanaka. Then we can let Josh Beckett out into the wild to go drink beer and eat some chicken.

3N16MA

Banned
I'm not going to pull out the revisionist paint, use it on the Yankees as some gritty underdogs who had no sniff at a playoff spot.

Whether they were gritty or not does not really matter. The truth is they were a high priced team who was one of the favourites to grab a WC spot. However this was before the injuries and pretty much everyone's opinion on the team changed.

After losing 1/3 of your projected OD lineup to injuries, losing your 3B who was already replacing your injured 3B, and losing your starting C all of a sudden makes you look like the doormats of the AL East. That is what happens when you lose more than half your lineup. No one thought the Yankees had any shot of actually getting close to a post season spot at that point.

Losing guys that late in the off season or that early in the regular season does not allow for many adjustment. The only thing to do was grab whatever scraps were left and play them because the guys in the minors are not going to contribute much.

The team that actually played and that everyone thought was done actually overachieved. Their negative run differential and winning record basically points to that. The only team in the majors to pull that off.

I'm not sure what adjustments are going to be made when your lineup gets decimated like that so close to the start of the season or early on in the regular season.

Malo

Banned

What are you talking about? No one is saying they were gritty underdogs since the Yankees will never be that, but this team had no business being in the wild card hunt after everything that happened. Hell, I was pulling for them to continue lose since I knew we weren't good enough and had no business being in the playoffs.

Whether they were gritty or not does not really matter. The truth is they were a high priced team who was one of the favourites to grab a WC spot. However this was before the injuries and pretty much everyone's opinion on the team changed.

After losing 1/3 of your projected OD lineup to injuries, losing your 3B who was already replacing your injured 3B, and losing your starting C all of a sudden makes you look like the doormats of the AL East. That is what happens when you lose more than half your lineup. No one thought the Yankees had any shot of actually getting close to a post season spot at that point.

Losing guys that late in the off season or that early in the regular season does not allow for many adjustment. The only thing to do was grab whatever scraps were left and play them because the guys in the minors are not going to contribute much.

The team that actually played and that everyone thought was done actually overachieved. Their negative run differential and winning record basically points to that. The only team in the majors to pull that off.

I'm not sure what adjustments are going to be made when your lineup gets decimated like that so close to the start of the season or early on in the regular season.
Couldn't have said it better myself, thank you fellow council member.

Sanjuro

What are you talking about? No one is saying they were gritty underdogs since the Yankees will never be that, but this team had no business being in the wild card hunt after everything that happened. Hell, I was pulling for them to continue lose since I knew we weren't good enough and had no business being in the playoffs.

Couldn't have said it better myself, thank you fellow council member.

Starting the last month of the season a few games out? I would consider that business.

Going to have to cut the fat in the council next season.

Malo

Banned
Starting the last month of the season a few games out? I would consider that business.

Going to have to cut the fat in the council next season.
I won't lie, the last month they did have a shot up until the last week and I was rooting for them, but I still knew even if we made it, we were just going to get bounced out in the wild card game or the ALDS.

Pryce

He would be a nice bullpen arm but not for that much.

I'd rather we focus our efforts on possibly acquiring Masahiro Tanaka. Then we can let Josh Beckett out into the wild to go drink beer and eat some chicken.

If we're going to sign a pitcher, I'd rather have Tanaka as well. Then have Billingsly/Lee battle for the 5th spot.

$17.5 million a year for Tim Lincecum? What in the actual fuck?

It's settled, whenever I have a kid I'm going to go all Marinovich on him making him become a pitcher.

Unless the Barves are covering all of Uggla's salary I have no idea why the Reds would make this move.

Agreed, Brandon Phillips has been a catalyst for the Reds even before they started having these winning seasons. It would be a great trade for Atlanta, but unless the Reds believe they have a super prospect in their system, they should not make this trade.

Why would anyone want Uggla?

He still hits home runs. In Cincinnati's little league park, it's not hard to imagine he could probably hit 30 in a season even declining as fast as he is. Also, there's a sliver of a chance his eyes could adjust normally after his Lasik surgery.

If the Cards win it all this year, I'd be more than willing to concede the 2014 title to the Giants if it means the Cards win the 2015 WS.

If this repeats for a few more years, I'd enjoy it. Would get tiresome eventually. Probably getting ahead of myself right now though, let's reconvene on this topic in a week or so.

I like you Soka. That's why I'm going to kill your team last

Thanks brah! <3

Top Bottom