• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

eznark

Banned
4ea142f1943b4ff8bca76f6727acaaea.png

It was worse earlier in the year (the reliance on FB). I'm surprised the change seems to be in him finding confidence in the slider and actually throwing it. Back before the ASB when he faced Milwaukee I don't think he threw a single slider, and the Brewers are awful against RHP sliders.

4ea142f1943b4ff8bca76f6727acaaea.png

It was worse earlier in the year (the reliance on FB). I'm surprised the change seems to be in him finding confidence in the slider and actually throwing it. Back before the ASB when he faced Milwaukee I don't think he threw a single slider, and the Brewers are awful against RHP sliders.

Where you got that info from

BFIB

Pinning our season hopes on a rookie in a hostile environment on the road. Welp.

Here's the problem. The Cards know Lynn is a mental midget, so they have him start game 2. Can't rely on that going forward. We have enough talent on this team, Lynn needs to go.

If anything, Miller should start game 3, not Kelly. Then Kelly in game 4, and Waino in game 5 if needed.

RGVNOE

Here's the problem. The Cards know Lynn is a mental midget, so they have him start game 2. Can't rely on that going forward. We have enough talent on this team, Lynn needs to go.

If anything, Miller should start game 3, not Kelly. Then Kelly in game 4, and Waino in game 5 if needed.

Lynn should've never started, I hate Matheny's bs of "showing pitchers confidense" there's no time for that right now he basically gave a game to the opposition just to try to tell him he still believes in him. The rotation should've been Waino, Shelby, Kelly, and Wacha, Lynn has no business in that starting rotation.

RGVNOE

Looks like Matheny saw this game as way to reinstate confidence in Lynn, while Pittsburgh came to win, as they already have the advantage in game 3

BFIB

2 missed pop ups led to 2 runs. Cards paying their sloppiest baseball of the year. This is quickly reminding me of Zito from last year. One pitcher completely takes out of a series.

Lynn should've never started, I hate Matheny's bs of "showing pitchers confidense" there's no time for that right now he basically gave a game to the opposition just to try to tell him he still believes in him. The rotation should've been Waino, Shelby, Kelly, and Wacha, Lynn has no business in that starting rotation.
I don't understand the love for Shelby to start today. He's pitched just as poorly against PIT as Lynn has except he's shed his "headcase" label.

RGVNOE

I don't understand the love for Shelby to start today. He's pitched just as poorly against PIT as Lynn has except he's shed his "headcase" label.

They've been about the same against Pittsburgh, but Shelby has had more quality starts, lower era, and Shelby actual had a good start against them. And I've never liked Lynn, I've wanted Stl to get rid of him for a couple of years now

They've been about the same against Pittsburgh, but Shelby has had more quality starts, lower era, and Shelby actual had a good start against them. And I've never liked Lynn, I've wanted Stl to get rid of him for a couple of years now
Lance Lynn had two good starts against them (4/26, 7/30). He also has a lower FIP and xFIP than Shelby. The Pirates hit fastballs well, and lo and behold, our two FB dominant starters struggle against them.

And on cue...

Whoops, either I heard it wrong or Costas fucked up.
No, you're right. I'm just saying that these two teams had identical home/road head-to-head splits coming into today.

@PNC Bucs 7 wins, Cards 3 wins
@Busch Cards 7 wins, Bucs 3 wins (4 after today)

pitching matchups probably matter more than home/road splits anyway

BFIB

Ok, Bucs fans. We pushed your shit in yesterday, you pushed our shit in today. Eventually the shit will spill out in game 3, and I have a feeling the Cards will do just that.

Here's hoping Liriano has an off game!

Top Bottom