• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

Jubs

History truly is circular. New faces, same old shitty result. Oh well.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, McCann. I'm ready for the Gattis era!

Dodgers-Celebrate-in-the-pool.gif

LOL, that camera just got fucked up.
:lol I didn't realize that they got that on tape

Shit like this makes me even wonder why I keep following baseball. It's just the same shit over and over. I died a little inside watching the Conrad game in person. This one feels worse.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Braves should fire Freddi on the spot for not using Kimbrel. Why is it so hard to find managers that aren't stupid?

Hopefully Kimbrel walks into Wren's office and demand that Fredi get fired. Warmed up for nothing.
Yeah, I wouldn't be at all shocked if this game broke the relationship between Fredi and the rest of the clubhouse/FO. Maybe that's just wishful thinking though.

It was a great season, all things considered. Typical disappointing ending though. They'll just have to try again next year.

D

Deleted member 13414

Unconfirmed Member
Great exciting game. Great series. Tragedy sports always ends with heart breaks and there can only be one winner. Braves have a good team and Brave fans stay positive. Good series

Stay positive? Why? Every fucking year they do this. I watched the fucking Brooks Conrad game in person and I died a little inside. This one was just as bad. I'll be dead by the time they finally figure out how to win a goddamn postseason series.

Branduil

I have to give Atlanta credit, they're no hypocrites. They know that the Braves choking in the postseason is one of the unwritten rules of the game.

tmdorsey

Fucking hell man.

I'm sick of congratulating fans of other teams.

Good Luck Dodgers-GAF.

Same shit for us Atlanta fans. Oh well...

Talon

Stay positive? Why? Every fucking year they do this. I watched the fucking Brooks Conrad game in person and I died a little inside. This one was just as bad. I'll be dead by the time they finally figure out how to win a goddamn postseason series.
Have you really expected to win the last three series though?

San Fran, we were definitely outgunned, although Posey was our at 2nd. And Kimbrel threw strike 3.

I didn't expect to win this one throwing 2 #2s our there in a short series against two legitimate aces. I don't see this as a choke; the better team one. That wasn't the case in the 90s when we had the trio.

The choke was losing the 1 seed in the last two weeks. I'll be left wondering how we would've turned out if Niese didn't wreck Heyward's jaw. Or if Hudson didn't destroy his ankle.

We need Medlen, Minor, or Teheran to develop into an ace if we expect playoff success going forward. The small mindedness in managing...I'm almost numb to it at this point. It's not Fredi, it's the organization's entire mindset. We would never hire Joe Maddon.

Yeah but I'm saying even if he can only pitch for 3 or 4 outs, put him in against Puig and Uribe and let someone else deal with the Dodgers 8/9 hitters in the9th.
You know what makes it worse? Even if you worried about Kimbrel's stamina he would've had a day, there would've been a day of rest.. Plus, they signed Walden as a guy who could close in the 9th.

It's the way they fucking lose. It makes me want to rip my fucking eyes out. They can't just lose normally. It's always got to be a kick in the fucking balls.

LAtoDC

Neo Member
If the Dodgers make it to the World Series, I will spend stupid money to make it there.

In other news, I hope the Pirates can pull it off so I can make an NLCS game!

tmdorsey

Have you really expected to win the last three series though?

San Fran, we were definitely outgunned, although Posey was our at 2nd. And Kimbrel threw strike 3.

I didn't expect to win this one throwing 2 #2s our there in a short series against two legitimate aces. I don't see this as a choke; the better team one. That wasn't the case in the 90s when we had the trio.

The choke was losing the 1 seed in the last two weeks. I'll be left wondering how we would've turned out if Niese didn't wreck Heyward's jaw. Or if Hudson didn't destroy his ankle.

We need Medlen, Minor, or Teheran to develop into an ace if we expect playoff success going forward. The small mindedness in managing...I'm almost numb to it at this point. It's not Fredi, it's the organization's entire mindset. We would never hire Joe Maddon.

Talon, once again kicking knowledge.

This is true when you think about it. At least the team is still relatively young.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Fredi Gonzalez just said they had a setup to bring Kimbrel for four outs, but not six.

... WHAT??
Fireable offense, definitely.

Talon: 2010 was a shitshow with the injuries. Even then it was a close series. A little better luck and they could have won it.

And I think you're underestimating the intellectualism of the front office, although the result is probably the same for political reasons. I want Fredi gone, but I don't know who they would replace him with that would be any better.

Top Bottom