• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

BFIB

This is the win we needed. Because we are not going to win against Kershaw tomorrow. At least going to LA split w/ Waino going in game 3. Good shot now.

fuck mattingly

taking out agon cost not only agon AB's but hanley as well

i guess you cant really blame one person when you go 13 innings

BFIB

Believe in Wacha. He's due to finish off a no-no one of these days.

Tomorrow is going to be interesting. There could be some lag going in playing so long tonight. Hopefully the Cards can get some pressure on Kershaw early and then let Wacha do his thing.

Beltran is not going to see another strike this series.

BFIB

Just showed that stupid stutter step move that Gordon made on the ground out. You dumb piece of shit.

If the Cards end up winning this series, I think one of the first things that Mattingly will have to answer for is only having one lefty in the 'pen. Especially in situations like that on Beltran where you could force him to hit from the right side.

squicken

I stopped following the sport too closely, but I'm shocked at how every pitcher now throws 95. Stros had Dotel, Lidge then Wagner and no one else had anything else like that. Now there's like 5 or 6 in every pen like that it seems

If the Cards end up winning this series, I think one of the first things that Mattingly will have to answer for is only having one lefty in the 'pen. Especially in situations like that on Beltran where you could force him to hit from the right side.
The right side traditionally is his better power side though.

I stopped following the sport too closely, but I'm shocked at how every pitcher now throws 95. Stros had Dotel, Lidge then Wagner and no one else had anything else like that. Now there's like 5 or 6 in every pen like that it seems
The Cards have a lot of flamethrowers in the pen but I don't think having as many as they do is necessarily the norm across the majors.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

I haven't done a census on this, but I'd be willing to bet that every organization has at least one guy who throws 100+ in their system somewhere.

I haven't done a census on this, but I'd be willing to bet that every organization has at least one guy who throws 100+ in their system somewhere.
This is true but most of them don't sniff the majors due to control issues. Having a major league bullpen full of guys who throw that hard with command isn't commonplace.

Opiate

Haven't the Cardinals actually done really well against Kershaw?

They did hit him for four runs in one outing, but the sample size here is 3 games in the last two years. It's not exactly a huge sample size to draw real meaning from.

I'm always amused when they show statistics like "Matt Holliday is 6 for 33 in his career against the Dodgers" or something like that as if this represents anything meaningful. Who is "The Dodgers?" I can imagine a single batter having a particularly tough time against a particular pitcher, but not a batter having trouble with all pitchers who happen to wear a Dodgers uniform over the course of 10+ years. In almost all of these cases any dramatic overperformance or underperformance can more likely be attributed to random chance, and I'd say the same of our record against Kershaw (With the knowledge that our offense is reasonably good in general).

Caja 117

You can question Donni for the pinch runner, but you arent going to win a game if your lineup goes 1 for 11 with RiSP.

In the last 18+ innings or so the only batter that has driven run for the dodgers has been Uribe.

Top Bottom