• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

Oh and

tbe_zpsc18b775d.jpg

Way too much sauce.

So excited. Added bonus - MLB.TV free game today is STL. Too bad it's so late... Damn Arizona.

Damn, you know, reading this article gives me the impression that Carpenter is going through some serious depression right about now. Every quote he has in there just sounds sad.

Oxx

Did they switch the mlb.tv free game of the day? I swear it was one of the day games when I looked before.

Reds OD lineup. From Reds Twitter:

#OpeningDay lineup vs. @Angels: Choo 8, @DatDudeBP 4, Votto 3, Ludwick 7, @JayABruce 9, Frazier 5, Cozart 6, Hanigan 2, @JohnnyCueto 1

You boys ready?

I said, you boys READY?

Today, it is opening day. I mean, yesterday was also opening day, but today is definitely opening day - for the ultimate team, your New York Yankees, and their battered, bruised but loyal fanbase.

Today, the 2013 season starts in earnest, and even though almost $92,000,000 of player salary is sitting disabled like a bag of broken toys, we are ready for war in the AL BEAST. We have already stolen the life force from Johan Santana, who gave his body to throw that no-no*, and then was beaten to death the next game by those vaunted Yankees. We will take Verlander this year too as retribution for destroying our Captain Derek Jeter, and then we will contract Kansas City for injuring GOD last season. We will disappoint people expecting that we're just going to drop dead, while those disabled players get healthy over time.
And we're going to win 87 games at least, while forcing someone more deserving out of a WC slot.

Now, the predictions:

AL East
Blue Jays
Yankees *
Rays *
Orioles
Red Sox

AL Central
Detroit
Chicago
Minnesota
Cleveland
Kansas City

AL West
Angels
A's
Rangers
Mariners
Astros

NL East
Braves
Nationals *
Phillies
Mets
Marlins

NL Central
Reds
Cardinals
Brewers
Pirates
Cubs

NL West
Giants
Dodgers *
Diamondbacks
Padres
Rockies

NL MVP: Joey Votto
AL MVP: Robinson Cano
NL Cy Young: Matt Cain
AL Cy Young: Justin Verlander

AL Pennant: Yankees
NL Pennant: Cincinnati

World Series: Yankees

Yes, even in this season with the longest of odds, I'm picking the Yankees? Why? Because our hot dogs are served with all available condiments. Because Cano wants to get paid. Because GOD, Jeter and Pettitte are probably done after this and they want to make one more troll run ala 2000. Because A-Rod won't be around to disappoint/mess up the offense this season, and we may actually score runs in different ways/play defense. Because fuck you, that's why.

Team BBQ sauce.
Team mustard.

Let's go Yankees.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
My picks:

NL East
Braves: 102-60
Nationals: 98-64
Phillies: 79-83
Mets: 78-84
Marlins: 60-102

NL Central
Reds: 96-66
Cardinals: 91-71
Pirates: 80-82
Brewers: 78-84
Cubs: 70-92

NL West
Giants: 94-68
Dodgers: 88-74
Diamondbacks: 82-80
Padres: 75-87
Rockies: 74-88

AL East
Rays: 98-64
Jays: 91-71

Yankees: 86-76
Orioles: 81-81
Red Sox: 77-85

AL Central
Tigers: 89-73
Royals: 85-77
Indians: 83-79
White Sox: 79-83
Twins: 72-90

AL West
Angels: 94-68
Rangers: 88-74*
Athletics: 88-74*

Mariners: 73-89
Astros: 59-103

World Series
Braves over Angels

Awards
NL MVP: Justin Upton
NL Cy Young: Jordan Zimmermann
NL ROY: Jedd Gyorko

AL MVP: Evan Longoria
AL Cy Young: Max Scherzer
AL ROY: Wil Myers

Now, the predictions:

AL Central
Detroit
Chicago
Minnesota
Cleveland
Kansas City

Hey! KC made crazy progress last year, and have only improved the team in the off season, how could they become worse than the Twins and Indians this year? I don't...

and then we will contract Kansas City for injuring GOD last season.

Oh... heh. I see. Well hopefully Mo has a better trip this year when the Yankees return to Kauffman.

So excited. Added bonus - MLB.TV free game today is STL. Too bad it's so late... Damn Arizona.

Damn, you know, reading this article gives me the impression that Carpenter is going through some serious depression right about now. Every quote he has in there just sounds sad.

Chris Carpenter is making $11.9 million in 2013. I'm sure he'll feel better when he gets his first check in two weeks.

Yankees home opener roll call is going to be the saddest roll call in the history of roll calls. :(

BEN FRAN-CIS-CO

*clap clap clapclapclap*

HE COULDN'T EVEN MAKE DA INDIANS

Let's call it random variation. By which, I mean Roy Halladay will collapse and die on the mound during a start in mid May.

Very interested to see how Halladay does against the Braves on Wednesday. The Braves had his number last year, so that will be a good indicator of how Halladay will be in 2013 if he can shut them down.

BFIB

Time for my pick 'ems:

Pick'ems:
AL East
Yankees
Rays: WC #1
Red Sox
Blue Jays: Division Winner
Orioles

AL Central
Twins
Indians
White Sox
Royals
Tigers: Division Winner

AL West
Angels: Division Winner
A's: WC #2
Rangers
Mariners
Astros

NL East
Phillies
Braves
Mets
Marlins
Natinals: Division Winner

NL Central
Cubs
Reds: Division Winner
Cardinals: WC #1
Brewers
Pirates

NL West
Dodgers: WC #2
Diamondbacks
Giants: Division Winner
Rockies
Padres

NL MVP: Buster Posey
AL MVP: Joey Bautista
NL Cy: Adam Wainwright (he's due!)
AL Cy: Josh Johnson (going out on a limb here. But he's in a walk year, and is healthy finally)

AL Champ: Tigers
NL Champ: Nationals
World Series: Tigers finally win the big one in 6.

Nobility

Banned
Opening week of baseball, there is nothing like it.

The Jays is a contender this year, what a difference a year makes. ;_;

AL East
Blue Jays
Rays*
Orioles
Yankees
Red Sox

AL Central
Tigers
Indians
White Sox
Twins
Royals

AL West
Angels
A's*
Rangers
Mariners
Astros

NL East
Nationals
Braves*
Phillies
Marlins
Mets

NL Central
Reds
Pirates*
Brewers
Cardinals
Cubs

NL West
Giants
Dodgers
Diamondbacks
Rockies
Padres

NL MVP: Matt Kemp
AL MVP: Mike Trout
NL CY: Matt Cain
AL CY: Justin Verlander

AL Champ: Blue Jays
NL Champ: Nationals
World Series: Blue Jays

xUDmjud.png

Adam Schein: "How was it like having Johnny [Franco] as your closer?"
Bobby V: "It was like .... having Johnny as your closer!"

I'm dying right now.

I'm probably late to this, but apparently they're introducing new death-shard-resistant bats this year? Trade your inside-jamming pitchers while you still can.

Fox318

I'm digging the lower price tickets myself. This is opening day though...

Miami Marlins tier crowd in New York.

To be fair it is a Monday afternoon, many people have work and school, and most of the Wall street brokers that could afford tickets probably forgot about the game.

Sanjuro

You can see the coke in Hernandez's stache. Awesome.

To be fair it is a Monday afternoon, many people have work and school, and most of the Wall street brokers that could afford tickets probably forgot about the game.

That's not fair, mang. It's opening day. It's usually always a morning game. I'm just shocked, if I knew it was that dead I would be there right now.

Talon

It's practically an American tradition take opening day off to see the game.

I haven't seen a decent shot yet but the upper decks look full enough at Yankee Stadium. I expect field seats to be empty because of the Yankees' ridiculous pricing. Upper decks empty would mean fan disinterest--they're actually affordable (if still too expensive for left field nosebleeds).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom