• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

Random story time:

So I went to a Christian high school in the Greater Atlanta area, so we had a few athletes kids there. Brett Butler's kid was in my grade (apparently Mike Piazza would jack off in the bathroom). Jessie Tuggle and Terry Pendleton were the most prominent local pro athletes with kids at the school. I guess Chipper is sending his Hooter's kids to us now.

At any rate, Brian Jordan used to drop off his kids every morning, and his favored car was this jacked up F-350 on monster truck tires with BJ monogrammed alongside the entire right side of the car.

Thought that was pretty hilarious.

Was just checking Twitter for updates regarding the Jays rain delay and there are people talking about Casper Wells being picked up by the team.

lol, wiki:

Wells had early success at Seattle. He was able to put together a continuous streak of 4 games where he had a home run in each from August 13 through 16. The streak was halted when hit by a pitch in the nose by Brandon Morrow.[7]

The rain gods are saving the Jays from another embarrassing (for the fans) loss.

Random story time:

So I went to a Christian high school in the Greater Atlanta area, so we had a few athletes kids there. Brett Butler's kid was in my grade (apparently Mike Piazza would jack off in the bathroom). Jessie Tuggle and Terry Pendleton were the most prominent local pro athletes with kids at the school. I guess Chipper is sending his Hooter's kids to us now.

At any rate, Brian Jordan used to drop off his kids every morning, and his favored car was this jacked up F-350 on monster truck tires with BJ monogrammed alongside the entire right side of the car.

Thought that was pretty hilarious.

Well... where do you expect the man to jack it? What, would you rather him slay the dragon in the locker room? DAMN.

3N16MA

Banned
Seems like its a release point issue. He has dropped way down and also sort of abandoned his curveball. Should be pretty easy to fix.

He seems to have really relied on his 2 seamer and that has taken over his curve/slider as his 2nd pitch in his arsenal. Needs the breaking ball to keep batters guessing.

3N16MA

Banned
What? The man employs a lethal slider for almost all his Ks.

He was throwing it almost 33% of the time last season and so far this season it's down to 17%. His two seamer on the other hand is being thrown 14% of the time while he only used it less than 5% last year. His K/9 is 9 this season compared to 16.66 last season. Velocity is fine.

He was throwing it almost 33% of the time last season and so far this season it's down to 17%. His two seamer on the other hand is being thrown 14% of the time while he only used it less than 5% last year. His K/9 is 9 this season compared to 16.66 last season. Velocity is fine.
Isn't there a correlation between throwing such a high percentage of sliders and injury? 33% sounds like a crazy high rate to keep up, if that's what you're expecting.

3N16MA

Banned
Isn't there a correlation between throwing such a high percentage of sliders and injury? 33% sounds like a crazy high rate to keep up, if that's what you're expecting.

He threw nothing but a four seam and slider until introducing his 2 seam last season. He has been throwing it more to perhaps widen his arsenal and reduce the need to throw so many sliders. His K/9 has dropped but that is to be expected if he is going to throw less breaking pitches.

BFIB

Hopefully the Reds/Cards get the whole game in.

Tornado Watch for the St. Louis area. Spring is officially here now!

3N16MA

Banned
Rain for Cleveland this afternoon into this evening. Hopefully the game is a go because the Yanks look like the new murderers row against Indians pitching.

McNei1y

Just found out my brother is taking his girlfriend to the Nats game instead of me. Good call on his part. I was amped to go to another game though! Oh well, not my tickets.

harSon

Banned
Sitting both Alvarez and Walker was kind of dumb, although they're terrible against lefties and haven't been able to hit the side of a barn with a baseball bat thus far this season. We're not exactly deep in their positions, although I suppose Hurdle knew we had Jonathan Sanchez pitching today and came to the conclusion that no amount of hitting would dig us out of the hole he's sure to put us into.

Carlbeego

So Blue Jays fans, what did you think was gonna happen?

Marlins were trash last year.

You just took their team and changed the uniform.

Still trash.

Enjoy last place this season.

rinse82

So Blue Jays fans, what did you think was gonna happen?

Marlins were trash last year.

You just took their team and changed the uniform.

Still trash.

Enjoy last place this season.

This is the funniest argument.

No, we took their best players and added them to a core of Bautista, Encarnacion, Lawrie and Morrow.

dvdjamm

Bust it open Giants!
eb282bff15f8aa0c2e0f6a7067006107.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom