• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnbuckle

This is said every April.

Not really, not by scouts anyways. Only time will tell, but I'm expecting him to have his best season yet. Not a very good season necessarily, but for a #5 you could do a lot worse. I've only got to see him pitch a couple times during Spring, but the curve ball I saw him throw more than a few times looked much better than his slider.

It's still the beginning of the season so I'm gonna use this fleeting period to be optimistic. For now. :p

Not really, not by scouts anyways. Only time will tell, but I'm expecting him to have his best season yet. Not a very good season necessarily, but for a #5 you could do a lot worse. I've only got to see him pitch a couple times during Spring, but the curve ball I saw him throw more than a few times looked much better than his slider.

It's still the beginning of the season so I'm gonna use this fleeting period to be optimistic. For now. :p

I see your point, I'm just not a fan of him. I'm afraid it'll be too late to trade him when/if it actually needs to be done

jakncoke

Banned
forgets game is early..turns on mlb.tv.. doesnt work again. computer overheats shuts down..restart computer..turn on mlb.tv..6-0 with bases loaded
Edit; this going to be a long long season

turnbuckle

I see your point, I'm just not a fan of him. I'm afraid it'll be too late to trade him when/if it actually needs to be done

I'm more afraid of selling low on him when starting pitching depth past Smyly is dreadful and 3 of the those six aren't the most durable guys you could ask for. We're not going to lose the playoffs in the regular season, so if a trade is gonna be made better to do it while selling as high as you can. If Porcello is the same Porcello come the trade deadline he'll be worth about the same as he is today and nothing much is lost; if Porcello looks like something closer to a #3 starter by then he or Smyly will be a much better bargaining chip.

More benefit to keeping him and hoping for the best than giving him up for the next worn out reliever Dombrowski gets a crush on.

Yeah. I think also it's just we started off the season facing the Dodgers and Cards...which are no push overs in the pitching department.
If our starting pitching holds up, we're in very good shape. Westbrook with a 0.00 ERA through 15.2 innings is not something I expected.

Bullpen is shaky but I think a good lineup and a solid rotation can mask that in the regular season. Our depth is wearing thin though - if Garcia's shoulder falls off as expected, things would get rough in a hurry.

Oh, well. 1st place
tie
!

BFIB

If our starting pitching holds up, we're in very good shape. Westbrook with a 0.00 ERA through 15.2 innings is not something I expected.

Bullpen is shaky but I think a good lineup and a solid rotation can mask that in the regular season. Our depth is wearing thin though - if Garcia's shoulder falls off as expected, things would get rough in a hurry.

Oh, well. 1st place
tie
!

The walks for Westbrook are going to bite him eventually. But for now, all is well.

I would imagine if Garcia goes down at any point, Kelly slips into the rotation and Wacha gets the call up.

I'm OK with the 'pen for now. I think we've lost Motte for the season, so Boggs has to step up. He had a good outing yesterday, but he's a question mark for sure.

Our lefties out of the 'pen have me concerned the most. Choate has yet to find the strike zone, and scrabble has forgot how to pitch.

Oh, well. 1st place
tie
!

Nice...looks like a little payback for Monday's game :)

jakncoke

Banned
Come on score at least 1 run here Pirates

6-1. only 5 more to go! lol we suck

guess i cant complain about taking 2 of 3 of a series though

SMALL SAMPLE SIZE

What's troubling about thenJays early on is that I don't have confidence in them overcoming a 2 run lead even though they are completely capable of it.

The walks for Westbrook are going to bite him eventually. But for now, all is well.

I would imagine if Garcia goes down at any point, Kelly slips into the rotation and Wacha gets the call up.

I'm OK with the 'pen for now. I think we've lost Motte for the season, so Boggs has to step up. He had a good outing yesterday, but he's a question mark for sure.

Our lefties out of the 'pen have me concerned the most. Choate has yet to find the strike zone, and scrabble has forgot how to pitch.
The drop-off from a healthy Hymay to Kelly is pretty significant, I think. Kelly's ceiling is probably back of the rotation starter material but he's looked so bad thus far this season. Hymay is excellent when's he's got his A stuff.

Boggs will be okay probably. Last season was career year type stuff but he should be serviceable for the most part. Didn't watch the fiasco on Monday but Scrabble was pretty decent in that extra inning affair (surprisingly). I still can't fathom why we signed Choate to a 3 year deal. I mean, relievers are fungible enough and we ink a 37 year old one for 3 years? The offseason moves by Mozeliak were so awful.

harSon

Banned
forgets game is early..turns on mlb.tv.. doesnt work again. computer overheats shuts down..restart computer..turn on mlb.tv..6-0 with bases loaded
Edit; this going to be a long long season

Eh, we're starting Jonathan Sanchez since Loriano and Karstens are out with injury, and we're resting Walker and Alvarez, so I pretty much assumed we were going to come out of this game with a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom