• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.
A fight broke out in the stands soon after apparently:

dlZSgfW.jpg

7Ot6t26.jpg

The only time I ever saw Petco get rowdy was when LA was in town, this is the least surprising thing ever.

It looks like he busts back out at the very last second. I think he ran in for his brass knuckles.

In all honesty, he probably put something valuable like a watch or Iphone in there and then ran out.

I wonder if the Dodgers could sue? I don't know if they ever would in a 1000 years, but could they?

Just caught up on the fight.

Greinke being Greinke, he asked for it with whatever he said and throwing his glove. I can't feel that bad for him, he's getting 10M to recover. Too bad for the Dodgers he's injured but they'll probably be fine.

No way should Quentin get a 75+ game suspension because he lowered his shoulder instead of throwing punches. What if instead he would have punched him in the head and knocked him out or gave him a concussion? It's more of a freak injury than anything and I doubt they'll throw precedent out the window because of Greinke's injury.

Greinke tossed his glove after Quentin started to charge the mound.

Slacker

It's a four-game series. You'll have to wait till tomorrow.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Damn. :p

Regarding Greinke, it all could have been avoided had he just turned away and walked back to the mound, right? Seems like that's the usual procedure after plunking someone.

andycapps

Why? He deserves nothing different from the others ejected. Zack being Zack, and its not Quentin's fault that Greinke has the body of a 12 yr old girl.

He made no effort to back away from the pitch, and Quentin instigated that. He started walking towards Greinke and then Greinke said something.

Doytch

In all honesty, he probably put something valuable like a watch or Iphone in there and then ran out.

I wonder if the Dodgers could sue? I don't know if they ever would in a 1000 years, but could they?
What on earth would you sue over? The contract is covered by insurance, so you'd try and make some claim that their playoff chances and the resultant income was irreparably harmed. But it's not like they were a shoe-in or even a favourite for the playoffs beforehand.

Gannd

Banned
Oh yeah, forgot about that. Damn. :p

Regarding Greinke, it all could have been avoided had he just turned away and walked back to the mound, right? Seems like that's the usual procedure after plunking someone.

it's not when a guy starts marching towards the mound. the dude has been hit too many times, he doesn't try to get out of the way because he likes the free base.

bjb

Banned
MLB radio was talking about the brawl this morning. They then brought up specifically how you could see one Padre player go back towards the clubhouse momentarily when everyone charged out. Apparently, one player will always do that to "warn" or "alert" any players / staff in the clubhouse that aren't paying attention to the monitors that a fight is going down.

I can just imagine some guy screaming "help!" "fight!" while I'm trying to take a piss lol

3N16MA

Banned
Quentin wouldn't even say if he would have charged the mound if Greinke did not say anything. That tells me he was planning to go no matter what Greinke did. He stepped over the plate towards Greinke before Greinke said anything.

bjb

Banned
Not sure if these have been posted yet - Screens of Marlins Park during the Braves series. (lolol). Sorry about the size:

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

k-bigpic.jpg

Sanjuro

The point here is everyone is going to judge Quentin due to being a complete fool. That's what makes it stand out, that's what makes it easier to throw the book at him. If there was a Greinke injury where there was equal substance on both sides, you wouldn't be hearing about month long suspensions.

Quentin is stuck on a lonely island here.

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
When you dive into the plate so that both of your arms hang almost completely over the plate, you are going to get hit. When you've already taken 4 steps towards the mound, you have to expect the pitcher to say something to you if you're already on the grass in front of the plate. If he's not smart enough to realize that Greinke isn't going to be throwing at him in that situation, then Stanford needs to reevaluate their admission standards.

If Quentin gets 25 games, he earned it.

If he appeals and is able to play next week, as a Dodger fan, I'm willing to sacrifice every game in the series against them to throw at him every time he bats. EVERY TIME...

JABEE

Heyman: MLB expected to "throw the book" at Quentin with a minimum suspension of 25 games

I don't understand this. What makes this incident any different than other cases of charging the plate that lead to less time?

It seems like Greinke, a star, being injured in their fight together is causing this issue. Is it due to the pictures of an altercation after the game? Matt Kemp should be out for awhile then too.

I don't understand this. What makes this incident any different than other cases of charging the plate that lead to less time?

It seems like Greinke, a star, being injured in their fight together is causing this issue. Is it due to the pictures of an altercation after the game? Matt Kemp should be out for awhile then too.

I think the fact that a player got hurt, it was against a division rival, and he was barely hit along with it being 100% clear he wasnt being thrown at.

JABEE

I think the fact that a player got hurt, it was against a division rival, and he was barely hit along with it being 100% clear he wasnt being thrown at.

I still don't understand how those conditions affect the suspension that much. It's almost like the NHL where they punish controversy rather than the offense.

I still don't understand how those conditions affect the suspension that much. It's almost like the NHL where they punish controversy rather than the offense.

Yeah I can see that. It seems like there was a perfect storm of shit all happened in this case to get MLB to bring the hammer down.

Sanjuro

...they don't do that in the NHL. If anything, they went from no sort of reaction to at least something.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Is there a problem with this?

If you want to go brawl go right ahead. If you don't want to get suspended 25 games then don't injure somebody. Seems simple enough to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom