• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

paully

Banned
Why the hell does ESPN refer to Quentin as a "slugger." He's just another average bitch player. This cunt should be suspended for at least 30 games, and I hate the Dodgers.

edit: last thing you want to do is mess with dodgers fans. lol quentin is dead meat.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Giants gaf...Jaymee Sire got hired by ESPN? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo

Was wondering why my waifu wasnt on CSN anymore :/

paully

Banned
The A's are the best team in the AL. There's no shame in getting stomped by them.

and they deserve that spot with the way they're playing. The A's know how to get talented players for cheap, and their pitching is incredible. The Angels are simply overpaid clowns, and Mike Scioscia is the biggest of clowns. I'm convinced we have the one of the worst starting rotations in baseball right now considering Weaver is out.

Holy shit. Carlos Quentin better get ready to catch one to the skull.

This is fucking stupid to say. If a pitcher does, he should be banned for good. Throwing at the head is dangerous and fucking stupid and so is encouraging it.

Zach should have kept his mouth shut instead of mouthing off and maybe Quentin wouldn't have charged. Quentin isn't a hothead, nor is he really a "garbage" player like a poster a few posts up implied. I'd love to have him back on the south side.

G-Fex

How Ironic, I have Mr. Baseball on tv in the background and Tom Sellick just charged the mound after getting hit in the shoulder by a pitch.

G-Fex

KoAqMGP.jpg

VpqV5Lh.jpg

Madtown_

Just caught up on the fight.

Greinke being Greinke, he asked for it with whatever he said and throwing his glove. I can't feel that bad for him, he's getting 10M to recover. Too bad for the Dodgers he's injured but they'll probably be fine.

No way should Quentin get a 75+ game suspension because he lowered his shoulder instead of throwing punches. What if instead he would have punched him in the head and knocked him out or gave him a concussion? It's more of a freak injury than anything and I doubt they'll throw precedent out the window because of Greinke's injury.

McNei1y

Just caught up on the fight.

Greinke being Greinke, he asked for it with whatever he said and throwing his glove. I can't feel that bad for him, he's getting 10M to recover. Too bad for the Dodgers he's injured but they'll probably be fine.

No way should Quentin get a 75+ game suspension because he lowered his shoulder instead of throwing punches. What if instead he would have punched him in the head and knocked him out or gave him a concussion? It's more of a freak injury than anything and I doubt they'll throw precedent out the window because of Greinke's injury.

They're treating this as if he led with "a helmet".

McNei1y

Well, that would be weird, because he didn't.

I mean in a football sense. They're very strict in the NFL with the whole "leading with a helmet" hit and I think they go overboard with a lot of the penalty calls, fines, ans suspensions.

I was comparing this to that situation if they give Quentin a long suspension. I see nothing wrong with what either Greinke or Quentin did. They lowered shoulders and ran into each other as if they were rams. I guess the punishment will be worse because Greinke was injured? I still think running into eachother's shoulders is better than throwing a punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom