• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Fex

I mean in a football sense. They're very strict in the NFL with the whole "leading with a helmet" hit and I think they go overboard with a lot of the penalty calls, fines, ans suspensions.

I was comparing this to that situation if they give Quentin a long suspension. I see nothing wrong with what either Greinke or Quentin did. They lowered shoulders and ran into each other as if they were rams. I guess the punishment will be worse because Greinke was injured? I still think running into eachother's shoulders is better than throwing a punch.

Yeah, could've been a worse situation, he could've gotten rackytacked

http://youtu.be/9mt0_0k40t4

BFIB

Quentin: I guess we'll see what happens on Monday.

Hope he says his I Love You's to his family before heading to the park.

JABEE

Chase Utley gets hit all the time and he never rushes the mound. The only time something similar has happened is him throwing the ball back and running down the first base line.

I dont get Quentin's reaction at all. It was like some super hard hit where I could understand him being hurt and reacting in the moment. It totally seemed like he thought about it and then decided to charge. Normally I would not want the fact that a player got hurt to affect the punishment, but in this case, since it was planned in a sense, and he did hurt a key player on a division rival, I think they should give him a longer suspension then normal.

Quentin is an idiot, but most players are when it comes to shit like this. You can't really punish him more severely just because he's built like a linebacker and Grienke is built like a high school freshman. Grienke didn't exactly shy away from the situation either. Making an "example" out of Quentin would be even dumber. The MLB promotes this kind of bullshit by letting players hide behind this "unwritten rules" crap that allows them to behave like meatheads when it's convenient. If they really wanted to put a stop to this, the MLB and PA could easily institute automatic 20 game suspensios for anyone who charges the mound, automatic 10 gamers for any player who leaves the dugout or leaves the outfield during an altercation, and automatic suspensions for pitchers who are believed to ether throwing at guys intentionally. It's an easy thing to crackdown on, but they won't so this is what they get.

Jon

Hey guys, came across this Kickstarter and thought some people here might be interested:

www.robotumpires.com

It’s a book about baseball. And robots. And you get to pick what happens.

Rise of the Robot Umpires is a ­­graphic-style novel about a not too distant future where Big Baseball’s leader, H.G. Commish, caters to public pressure and fires all the human umpires, replacing them with robots.

Flash forward a decade, and the game has never been better...until things start to go wrong. With his 100th birthday approaching, readers are taken on an adventure to decide how The Commish will handle the sudden rise of the robot umpires. Can baseball be saved?

Well, it can, if the reader chooses the right path along the way. In a throwback to the Choose Your Own Adventure books popularized in the 1980s, Rise of the Robot Umpires puts the decisions in the hands of the readers, choosing which path they think will lead to Big Baseball’s salvation.

Make one wrong decision...and it could prove deadly.

padres_bench_clear.gif

lololol

This gif is amaaaazing. 15 alphas and a beta.

bjb

Banned
I don't know which is more fragile, Greinke's emotional capacity or his actual body lol

Either way - both him and Quentin are idiots. If you watched the previous game, Jansen wasn't even targeting him. He threw inside and Carlos swung at a bad pitch and ended up getting popped in the wrist. In the end this incident just further proves that he has a history of roid raging. Well, him and Matt Kemp. Alternatively, Greinke has always been an arrogant asshole. Can't say I feel sorry for either joker in this case.

andycapps

I just saw all the nonsense from the Dodgers/Padres game. Quentin is an asshole and deserves a pretty decent suspension. If not, he's going to continue to grow his lead in HBP.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
LOL where does the last guy go?
padres_bench_clear.gif

"Now's my chance to go drop a deuce"

At the very end, you see that last dude sprint back out to the field for a few frames.

Also: http://www.truebluela.com/2013/4/12/4216076/dodgers-padres-brawl-zack-greinke-ejected-umpire

One note that seems to be missed in the midst of the brawl between the Dodgers and the Padres on Thursday night was that Zack Greinke got ejected from the game. He was one of four ejections, along with Carlos Quentin, Jerry Hairston Jr., and Matt Kemp.

Hairston and Kemp, to use their words as well as those of Don Mattingly, "lost it" at various times during the melee, which is why they were ejected.

"I'm always going to be backing my teammate," Kemp said.

Quentin was ejected obviously for charging the mound. But Greinke didn't leave the game until he was examined by team trainer Sue Falsone. The ejection of Greinke wasn't confirmed until after the game, by home plate umpire and crew chief Sam Holbrook.

"Really, that's all I can tell you," Holbrook said. "I spoke with my supervisor and until we file a report with the league, that's really all we can say."

I hate the Dodgers but Greinke was my best pitcher in fantasy so far!! Fuck me.

Also I hope he's ok and fuck Quentin. Its not like it was a hard pitch. But then again I didn't see the game just highlights.

I just saw all the nonsense from the Dodgers/Padres game. Quentin is an asshole and deserves a pretty decent suspension. If not, he's going to continue to grow his lead in HBP.

Why? He deserves nothing different from the others ejected. Zack being Zack, and its not Quentin's fault that Greinke has the body of a 12 yr old girl.

Why? MLB loves shit like this. It's the lead on SportsCenter. Publicity at it's finest.

well I understand tweeting out the actual video of the brawl but just thought they would leave it at that. that pic was after the game. i have no problems with it and true it creates buzz

Doytch

You can't suspend based on injuries. NHL has enough issues with that stuff. If Quentin did something that raised the probability of Greibke being injured that's one thing, one you don't just suspend him for however long Greinke is out. It's ridiculous.

Slacker

King Felix lost to Justin Grimm?

It's going to be another long year for Seattle.

I was really impressed with Grimm last night. I wish he had been pitching well enough to make it through the fifth, but he managed to pitch his way out of a couple jams, so I'll take it.

Tonight YUUUUUU gets it done and the Rangers lock up their fourth series win. Can't wait. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom