• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

paully

Banned
Brett Wallace has a .043 batting average. I think he has the chance to break some records this year.

Most of you probably don't even know who the fuck he is though.

Why throw to third, allowing the run to score, and not first for the double play that *doesnt* let the run score? That was dumb.

Good point.

Sure did. Hit right to him. But then another hitter would've been brought to the plate with bases loaded and who knows what would have happened.

Yeah, I'd still take the run for the DP. There's a book out there that lays out the probabilities of scoring with different baserunner/out combinations. I'm interested to see the run probability for bases loaded and two out.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Brett Wallace has a .043 batting average. I think he has the chance to break some records this year.

Most of you probably don't even know who the fuck he is though.

He needs to go back to OKC, pronto.

At least he didn't strike out...... yet.

According to Baseball Prospectus from 2011 data, the run expectancy with bases loaded and two out is 0.6922, so the smart move would have been for Smoak to catch the fucking ball and to take our chances with AJ had we had the choice.

Talon

“They’re good, I don’t think they’re better than us,” Danny Espinosa said. “They’re a good ballclub, they have talent. They’re hot right now, they only lost one game, but they’re hot. It all evens out.”

“Honestly, I think our lineup’s better,” Strausburg said. “They’re hot right now. It’s early and it’s not about how many wins you necessarily finish up with in April, it’s how many you have at the end of the year.”

One winning season and a lot of talk. And this is without BMac and Freeman. Not to mention BJ and Heyward running cold as hell.

Tim Hudson's take
“We were fortunate to win last night, and we knew today was going to be a tough game. But I think they probably came in with the same attitude as us, that it was going to be a hopefully well-pitched game for both sides. I think it was. Couple of key breaks for us.”
It's April, no reason to be salty, Nattitude.

paully

Banned
Garrett Richards is the first Angels starter to last through the 7th inning this year.

and as I write this some no-name Astro just hit a double. Angels are fucked.

He needs to go back to OKC, pronto.

At least he didn't strike out...... yet.

he's batting right now. You can just see the shame in his eyes; I kinda feel for him
lol

Macattk15

According to Baseball Prospectus from 2011 data, the run expectancy with bases loaded and two out is 0.6922, so the smart move would have been for Smoak to catch the fucking ball and to take our chances with AJ had we had the choice.

AJ loves to fuck the Mariners though. He prolly would have hit a grand slam.

paully

Banned
He walked! :O

Everybody duck and cover! I think we're going to have a meteor strike.

I can't believe this shit. Now our bullpen is going to blow the game.

Edit: yep. One run scores.

Angels aren't going to make the playoffs this year. I'm sure of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom