• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

Randomly ordered a game-used baseball the other week on ebay. It was kind of a crapshoot which one you would get. Game ball with official mud, BP ball, commemorative game ball, etc.

Ended up getting one with the mud. Neat! Only ball I've ever caught at a game was a BP home-run shot by Ortiz. Ended up giving it to some little kid though.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Cubs chairman Tom Ricketts: Chicago Cubs will win World Series after Wrigley renovations:

Chicago Cubs chairman Tom Ricketts said Monday that the framework for a deal to renovate Wrigley Field, which was agreed to by the City of Chicago, will bring a World Series to a fan base that hasn't seen a championship since 1908.

"This massive investment will help us generate the resources we need for our baseball operations to develop championship-caliber players," Ricketts said at a news conference at Wrigley. "If this plan is approved, we will win the World Series for our fans and our city.

"We need this project in order to bring our fans a winner."

The framework of the deal includes a $500 million face-lift for the second-oldest park in the majors, including an electronic video screen that is nearly three times as large as the hand-operated scoreboard currently atop the center-field bleachers of the 99-year-old ballpark.

Under terms of the agreement, the Cubs would also be able to increase the number of night games at Wrigley Field from 30 to 40 -- or nearly half the games played there each season.

Mayor Rahm Emanuel hailed the "framework" agreement in a joint statement issued Sunday night, noting that it includes no taxpayer funding. That had been one of the original requests of the Ricketts family in a long-running renovation dispute that at times involved everything from cranky ballpark neighbors to ward politics and even the re-election campaign of President Barack Obama.

zychi

Banned
...okay. I think severed goat heads work better to be honest.
I love Wrigley, but how long does this stadium need to stand? I think the Cubs should've played a year at the Cell, while they suck. Knock the majority of Wrigley down, and rebuild it in the exact same spot + across the street where the stupid 711 and mcdonalds is. Build a hotel in the stadium simialr to Toronto. Keep everything from the actual field to the bleachers the same, but update everything else. If Yankee stadium and Busch can be knocked down, why can't Wrigley? Its not like theres a ton of championships or that many historical icons inside.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The Marlins will somehow win another one before the Cubs even make the playoffs.

In the next 2 years Miami will somehow switch to the AL and the Cubs will beat them in 2015.

cubswbybm.jpg

Sanjuro

Is that what it took for the Red Sox to finally beat the curse?

Took a severed NOMAH head.

I love Wrigley, but how long does this stadium need to stand? I think the Cubs should've played a year at the Cell, while they suck. Knock the majority of Wrigley down, and rebuild it in the exact same spot + across the street where the stupid 711 and mcdonalds is. Build a hotel in the stadium simialr to Toronto. Keep everything from the actual field to the bleachers the same, but update everything else. If Yankee stadium and Busch can be knocked down, why can't Wrigley? Its not like theres a ton of championships or that many historical icons inside.

Yankee Stadium was in a location where they could build one without issue. Getting the state to foot the bill helps as well.

I don't know much about Wrigley. If it's the same scenario as Boston, it simply can't be built where it stands today. I would love to see a new ballpark. Most of the appeal is the location. A commute to southie doesn't really work for most people either living around in or around the city. Then there is the historical charm which is important to a ton of people.

zychi

Banned
Took a severed NOMAH head.

Yankee Stadium was in a location where they could build one without issue. Getting the state to foot the bill helps as well.

I don't know much about Wrigley. If it's the same scenario as Boston, it simply can't be built where it stands today. I would love to see a new ballpark. Most of the appeal is the location. A commute to southie doesn't really work for most people either living around in or around the city. Then there is the historical charm which is important to a ton of people.
The cell to wrigley is a 15-25 min train ride depending on stops. theres a ton of space to rebuild if you close off the streets like they plan to do, similar to Yawk. Theres no parking issue, so just expand the stadium onto Sheffield,Clark and Addison.

Basically rebuild the grandstand, add more room, and add facilities around the stadium to benefit the players. Theres plenty of room, but the problem would be having a place for the Cubs to play. 90% of the people who go to a cubs game, aren't actual fans, just tourists. Missing that cash cow for a year, would benefit the team way more than just adding signs and a hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom