• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

I still need to get to Wrigley. Would like to check out a new ballpark this summer. I'm in love with the Fenway area though. Love going, there is no place I rather be.

I was the little kid that bitched about going to Florida for a week when I would gladly accept bleacher seats for that same duration.

zychi

Banned
I'm the same. As i got older, when we were going on a "family trip" i'd somehow convince the fam to take me to ballpark x, or nfl stadium y, when we were there.

I need to go back to Fenway and to new Yankee stadium soon, its been almost 2 decades since ive been to either.

Wrigley is fun once or twice, but yeah, it's grossly outdated. I know tons of Cubs fans that simply hate the idea of any renovation being done to it. It's "classic" and "iconic" and "a stalwart" or what the fuck ever random reason people give, but honestly it does seem like the majority of Cubs fans I personally know would prefer them to only do the bare minimum to maintain it rather than a full renovation.

I still laugh at the bullpens at Wrigley. Shit cracks me up every time I go to the stadium.

paully

Banned
Blanton is starting for the Angels today. I'm expecting a loss since the guy doesn't know how to pitch. I really do believe that he's the worst starting pitcher we've had in many years (other than Kazmir lol).

I wonder what is up with Bautista

Maybe he's injured...something more serious than we already know. It could explain alot.

Talon

Wrigley is just like Fenway. After you go once there is no reason to ever go again. Shit holes.
Oh, come on. Am I the only baseball romantic here?

I love Wrigley (much more than Fenway) because it feels so intimate as far as baseball stadiums go. Now, the food straight-up sucks and is an embarrassment to the city considering all of the iconic food all around the city. Wrigley should have genuinely great Italian Beef, Chicago-style dogs, thin and deep dish pizzas, Kilebasa (fresh and smoked), Pierogi's, Papusas, Lengua tacos, etc.

It's certainly on the opposite field of the spectrum from Miller Park, which I also really love (more than Turner Field), but feels incredibly cavernous like you're in an airport hanger in comparison to Wrigley. Best part of Miller is really the regional food with all the sausage varieties there and, really, Chicago should have even better varieties. I was disappointed in the "cheese curds" at Miller, though. Sure, it's hard to keep that supply up so shredded cheese is easier, but we're in fucking Wisconsin!

I think honestly Camden Yards is still my favorite so far. Love the fact that you can just walk through the Right Field of the park even if you don't have a ticket. Looking forward to Comerica for the first time in a few weeks. Need to get to AT&T Park too, Giants were out of town last time I was out in the Bay Area for work.

eznark

Banned
There is always a reason to enter a building to watch baseball, drink beer, and feast for a few hours.

I meant specifically to travel there.

I love Wrigley (much more than Fenway) because it feels so intimate as far as baseball stadiums go
What? Every stadium since Jacobs feels intimate. You're on top of the action in every new park. It's whats great about the fake-retro design sensibilities Jacobs and Camden brought about.

It's certainly on the opposite field of the spectrum from Miller Park, which I also really love (more than Turner Field), but feels incredibly cavernous like you're in an airport hanger in comparison to Wrigley.

lol no

bluemax

Banned
Jeff Sullivan ‏@based_ball 2h
Brewers pitchers blowing away the rest of the league in terms of extra strikes called. Mariners bringing up the rear, then Orioles

Jeff Sullivan ‏@based_ball 2h
Top 5: MIL, NYY, STL, PHI, ATL. Bottom 5: SEA, BAL, MIN, TEX, OAK
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Kinda weird to see the Brewers at the top of the list. The other 4 teams don't shock me. The bottom 5 is a little shocking if only because you'd think Texas wouldn't be so low.

Lexxism

Brinbe

So...

Bonifacio-RF
Cabrera-LF
Arencibia-C
Encarnacion-1b
Lind-DH
DeRosa-3b
Rasmus-CF
Izturis-2b
Kawasaki-SS

DayMASt.gif

aFIGurANT

Kinda weird to see the Brewers at the top of the list. The other 4 teams don't shock me. The bottom 5 is a little shocking if only because you'd think Texas wouldn't be so low.

What is this stat I don't even....

Extra strikes being called as in who throws the most foul balls or balls that should be strikes but were called balls?

jakncoke

Banned
hitting .276 over the last 6 games, hopefully we can keep it up tonight.. come on jmac

edit; baserunners stolen 12 bases on 14 attempts so far this year ffs

edit; lol holy fuck my mind is full of fuck from that

edit 3; what the fuck was that inning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom