• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNei1y

ixW2oWIGGAZjT.gif

Still the greatest thing.

Who thought that? I heard tons of Phils fans saying they were worried about the Royals. The Royals have a solid team, and Doc and Cole are both off to terrible starts, plus Charlie keeps running Durbin and Horst out there to lose. I

Seriously? Wow, I'm not used to anyone being worried about the Royals!

Seriously? Wow, I'm not used to anyone being worried about the Royals!

I wanted to mock you a few months ago for saying the Royals would win 85-90 games, but if you actually look at their roster, it doesn't seem crazy -- their pitching is undeniably better than last year, and all those young players are almost sure to improve. Before the Jays won 2 out of 3 in Kansas City, I was actually a little worried about those games, and felt kind of sad that the Royals could no longer be considered an easy few wins.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Hopefully the Mets games today don't get postponed again. This is gonna wreak havoc on the rotation.

The problem with the Royals last year was their ass pitching. Even though they are going to pay for that trade in a few seasons, Shields and Davis will help. Santana has pitched well too.

jakncoke

Banned
Another start for Johnathan Sanchez tonight :(

feels bad man

edit; how funny and sad. we sent down bryan morris and brought someone else up because morris had to cover jmac ass and pirates know sanchez very likely will be out before the 5th. *sigh*

jakncoke

Banned
Interesting. Andy Oliver for the Tigers started off in AA but has never made it above AAA. Why dont Pirates give him a spot start? He has 57 career starts in AAA. Im curious actually why Irwin got the spot start for Wandy when Irwin had like 27 innings total in AAA, unless Andy Oliver recently started and didnt have enough rest.

jakncoke

Banned
Didn't realize Sanchez's K rate has dropped so much since he left the Giants.

Anyway, Westbrook pitches like crap against you guys historically and our bullpen is a mess. Very winnable game for either side.

If we win its going to be a like 11-10 game. Sanchez is true garbo.

On positive note Marte is batting .370 and is 2 hits behind the MLB leader. If only Cutch can wake the fuck up and start batting above .300

harSon

Banned
Another start for Johnathan Sanchez tonight :(

feels bad man

edit; how funny and sad. we sent down bryan morris and brought someone else up because morris had to cover jmac ass and pirates know sanchez very likely will be out before the 5th. *sigh*

Our pitching and hitting are never in sync Lol

We either have dominate pitching and non-existent offense, or vice versa :| At least our bullpen is legit so far. Our rotation should be a bit better once Liriano and Karsten are out of rehab, and Wandy is back in the rotation. The back end of our rotation right now have no business being out of AAA.

jakncoke

Banned
Our pitching and hitting are never in sync Lol

We either have dominate pitching and non-existent offense, or vice versa :| At least our bullpen is legit so far. Our rotation should be a bit better once Liriano and Karsten are out of rehab, and Wandy is back in the rotation. The back end of our rotation right now have no business being out of AAA.

Liriano just had a good rehab start, 3 innings 6k no er. also i very much doubt either liriano or karstens will push wandy to the back end. the positive that will occur will be locke can get work done in AAA and sanchez can be send to the bullpen, AAA, DFA anything is better than watching him struggle with starts

JABEE

That requires the Phils to win enough games to do so. Not happening.

The second Wildcard spot is wide open. The Phillies still had hope last season even though they were brutal through the first half of the season.

I sometimes what would have happened if the Phillies didn't beat the shit out of the Braves with half of our regulars in 2010. If the Cardinals were kept out of the playoffs, how far we would have went.

Playing the game the right way and embarrassing the Braves and Kimbrel in September wasn't worth having to face the eventual WS Champion in the first round.

You mean, Mo Vaughn.

Great job at vanishing from the MLB League.
... wtf you never sent me a fricking invite. Your never confirmed which roster we'd use. You never told us which sliders you were using. I took the hint and decided to catch the next one.

As I recall, you did say you wanted less people.

You mean, Mo Vaughn.

Great job at vanishing from the MLB League.

... wtf you never sent me a fricking invite. Your never confirmed which roster we'd use. You never told us which sliders you were using. I took the hint and decided to catch the next one.

As I recall, you did say you wanted less people.

I sent an invite to everyone I could, some people I had to send a second or third time. You never came back into the thread.

jimmy-fallon-popcorn.gif

I sometimes what would have happened if the Phillies didn't beat the shit out of the Braves with half of our regulars in 2010. If the Cardinals were kept out of the playoffs, how far we would have went.
Just dawned on me how the Marlins is the only NL East fanbase
what fanbase, m i rite?
whose hearts we haven't crushed in the past decade. 2006 NLCS Game 7. That crazy September 2011 comeback to take the WC from the Braves. 2011 NLDS Game 5. Infield fly game. 2012 NLDS Game 5.

All of those postseason clinchers were in NL East stadiums too. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom