• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.
HEY HEY HEY HEY

410461811.icon

royallion.jpg

dancinhabizarra.gif

Askani

Sweet! Glad we split the series. We hung with them until the Herrera implosion last night and were able to ground out a 1 run win today. Gives me hope. It's really gonna suck for me when they crush that hope later in the season.

It's OK to have a platoon player on your team. Even if his platoon mate is Rajai Davis.

Not sure why you and others want to dump Rasmus so fast. Sure he's got a 40% K-rate, but that's bound to come down and he's currently leading the team with a 0.8 fWAR and is also a plus defender. .406 wOBA lol, that'll come down too though.
1/3 of his flyballs are leaving the yard but yet he's only making contact on 54.8% of his swings. Talk about swinging for the fences. At least he's still has a good enough eye to take some walks.

Syrinx

I'm kinda glad I"m at school and can't watch the Rockies series. Damn, what a fucking mess last night's game sounded like.

Those fans who came to see that game... They gotta go buy tickets for the next game. I mean, you might as well? That's what I'd do.

We got a little a gap before the action. Question for you GAFFERS:

Pete Rose in the Hall of Fame: yes or no?
I say yes, but only with a mention of his gambling on his plaque.

jakncoke

Banned
Those fans who came to see that game... They gotta go buy tickets for the next game. I mean, you might as well? That's what I'd do.

Yes

cashman

Banned

yes x1000

Yes. guy was a hell of a player.

zychi

Banned
Yes. No need to put gambling info on his plaque. He bet on his team.

I have no proof, bu I'm sure Michael Jordan bet on his team alll the time, snd if Charlotte didnt suck he would still do it

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'll take the no side even though I'm not going to be upset if he gets in some day. Obviously just from a statistical standpoint there aren't going to be a ton of arguments against him.

I don't really have a problem with roid users in the hall. Or wife beaters. Or raging alcoholics. Or guys who played for the Yankees. But betting on your own team while you're managing is a direct attack on the integrity of the game. The fact he lied about it for more than 20 years makes it even worse.

The notion that he only bet on the Reds and only on them to win means you're taking what he says at face value. The dude lied through his teeth to everybody involved in baseball for a good 20 years about his gambling habits. At the very least his ban from baseball and the reason why should be listed on the plaque.

3N16MA

Banned
I'll take the no side even though I'm not going to be upset if he gets in some day. Obviously just from a statistical standpoint there aren't going to be a ton of arguments against him.

I don't really have a problem with roid users in the hall. Or wife beaters. Or raging alcoholics. Or guys who played for the Yankees. But betting on your own team while you're managing is a direct attack on the integrity of the game. The fact he lied about it for more than 20 years makes it even worse.

The notion that he only bet on the Reds and only on them to win means you're taking what he says at face value. The dude lied through his teeth to everybody involved in baseball for a good 20 years about his gambling habits. At the very least his ban from baseball and the reason why should be listed on the plaque.

77DZ1PE.gif

yes x 1000000

Link

The Autumn Wind

Yes.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
turned on the game at the perfect time. yes that's a home run.

and yes pete rose should be in HOF. no brainer.

edit : eh maybe not on that HR

Fenix

Only took 35 pitches to generate a whiff. Apparently the Sox strategy tonight is "swing and never miss". Pretty good idea I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom