• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually agree with the booth in that first story. Never assume anything as a baserunner. You should be running as hard as you can in that situation. Yeah, Murphy fucked up too, but even if he didn't, what if he also tagged up and got thrown out at third? Valdespin's job is to cross home plate as soon as possible.
If Murph tagged up on that play he should've been cut the next day. Now that's making the last out at 3rd with the play in front of you, even worse than his original gaffe. Valdespin shouldn't really been mentioned at all outside of the "jogging" critique; it's giving a theoretical more weight than an "actually happened". Boggled my mind, and this isn't the first time I've seen Valdy get undeserved heat either.

For a guy who's pretty much the only leadoff-type batter and sporting some good slashes, Mets (and a few media guys) sure like to crap on him.

If Murph tagged up on that play he should've been cut the next day. Now that's making the last out at 3rd with the play in front of you, even worse than his original gaffe. Valdespin shouldn't really been mentioned at all outside of the "jogging" critique; it's giving a theoretical more weight than an "actually happened". Boggled my mind, and this isn't the first time I've seen Valdy get undeserved heat either.

For a guy who's pretty much the only leadoff-type batter and sporting some good slashes, Mets (and a few media guys) sure like to crap on him.

He's too flashy for some people i guess. Reminds me of Reyes. I love Vlady and i really think he brongs something the team lacks. I remember Joe and Evan from WFAN saying that David Wright also jogs home and no one says anything to him. Look at that first inning on Sunday. Vlady hits a grounder to SS, the SS throws it away and Valdespin ended up in second. He then stole 3rd with one out so Wright could bring him in. And the one knock on him has improved greatly. The man is working the count. I hope he continues to get more time.

Talon

And the Nats move on to the NLDS! Is what it would've said last year
image.php
image.php
image.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom