• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matugi

Thank god it's early in the season because the Nats are playing dumb baseball right now. It starts at management: Davey trying to make Strasburg a contact pitcher is the biggest problem, then mismanagement of the bullpen (although that's resolved a bit) and also control of individual at bats (green light on a 3-0 last night rings a bell). Then there's just stupid mistakes in fielding and baserunning. I imagine the problems will work themselves out and still think the Nats can go to the WS, but it's frustrating.

Okay fellow Brewers fan from Milwaukee I just want to make sure of something. What's the deal at George Webb when the Brewers get a 12 game winning streak?

No way will I blame Loup for that one. Hitting and fielding failed us again. It's been the story of the season. I'm getting tired of the strikeouts are ok as long as they hit a homer once-in-a-while philosophy in Toronto.

Fenix

No way will I blame Loup for that one. Hitting and fielding failed us again. It's been the story of the season. I'm getting tired of the strikeouts are ok as long as they hit a homer once-in-a-while philosophy in Toronto.

Didn't even strike out much tonight (6 K vs. 5 BB, and even some of the strikeouts were a product of a shitty zone). Balls just didn't find any holes at all.

Cito's legacy!

I'm just trying to remind myself after every loss that 1989 started much, much worse, and that year didn't end too badly. Don't know who plays the role of Mookie, though.

rando14

3 hit night for ackley?

igDhVWb99TAhw.gif

Fenix

Looks like Jeff Keppinger won't get his first walk tonight. Carlos Gomez has the chance to make him "win" the who-walks-last competition.

Chuck

Still without luck
ruh roh reds

edit: LOL, Castro swung and popped out a pitch in the dirt, with bases loaded and a 3-2 count.

Cubs suck.

edit 2; Kevin Gregg in, Reds win.

Fenix

Carlos Gomez just collected his first walk of the season.

Jeff Keppinger is the only remaining qualified hitter to not have a walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom