• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Wow ump just gifted this game to the Angels. Unbelievable.

ibntAW4ceGBpJ6.jpg

Opiate

Pujols looks worn down in a way I've never seen. He's been vaguely hurt and in pain for years now; virtually every years since 2007 he's had some chronic elbow problem, or a leg issue, or something that he's played through, but he's managed to seem fairly lithe and capable through all of it.

This year, though, it is visibly slowing him down in all regards. Balls in play he used to be able to leg out for hits are ending up as outs now. He looks incredibly slow running to first and on the bases generally. His defense is clearly suffering as he's playing a lot of DH. I'm not sure he's breaking down permanently, but he looks like he needs real, extended rest for the first time in his career. If he gets it, hopefully he comes back strong.

geeko

WHAT WHAT WHAT?!!

was too busy celebrating the sharks winning a playoff ticket, that I forgot about the giants, and they tied!!

Opiate

He has plantar fasciitis and is deciding to play through it. That's the main reason for the slowness.

Yes, I understand. But as I said, he's had chronic issues every year since 2007. Some were also pretty serious, like bone spurs in the elbow or knee, that required surgery in the off season, and yet he managed to always be an MVP caliber player and show no obvious, visible signs of decline. The worst you could say is that his trot to first was sometimes deliberate, but not exactly slow; it was clearly still fast but paced to avoid further aggravating any injury.

Not this time though. This looks different.

The Tigers have purchased the contract of Jose Valverde from AAA Toledo. Jim Leyland says he will be the closer immediately starting Wednesday.

Also, the Red Sox are calling up Daniel Bard from AA Portland.

Pujols looks worn down in a way I've never seen. He's been vaguely hurt and in pain for years now; virtually every years since 2007 he's had some chronic elbow problem, or a leg issue, or something that he's played through, but he's managed to seem fairly lithe and capable through all of it.

This year, though, it is visibly slowing him down in all regards. Balls in play he used to be able to leg out for hits are ending up as outs now. He looks incredibly slow running to first and on the bases generally. His defense is clearly suffering as he's playing a lot of DH. I'm not sure he's breaking down permanently, but he looks like he needs real, extended rest for the first time in his career. If he gets it, hopefully he comes back strong.
His plantar fasciitis is has gotten a lot worse this season, I think. The fact it's hindering his play this early in the season is not a good sign. Good thing the Angels can DH him!

Brewers streak lives!
Wow, you guys leapfrogged the Reds and the Pirates in the past few days.

4 NL Central teams above .500!
and the Cubs
Deepest division in baseball!

see5harp

Nah, even Angel or Torres wouldn't have made that. That's on third base coach cause Pablo wasn't even rounding the base as Cody was starting to throw.

Branduil

Rangers are going to need to get more bats at some point this season. Murphy and Moreland are just killing any rallies every time they're up.

geeko

Well it was going well, until fatty couldn't make it home. Nice way to screw it up. Wel at least the Sharks made playoffs, and GS warriors won tonight.

As someone who's experienced plantar fasciitis on and off, ain't no fucking joke. I actually feel empathy for Pujols, as much as I can for someone who's burned my team endlessly and is more wealthy than I could ever imagine.

More on-topic: Nine straight, whores! Who's next, the Doyers? lulz

And I think it's time we swap Weeks and Betancourt in the order.

rekameohs

Banned
4-0 in extras! It's too bad that the bullpen had to shit the bed in game 1 also, cause winning a series in AT&T is always great. Just have to do it tomorrow. Hopefully it's good Kennedy and not shit Kennedy on the hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom