• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malo

Banned
Yankees Likely To Exceed 2014 Luxury Tax Threshold

The rules used to allow certain big-market clubs with smaller revenues -- such as the Nationals, Braves, and Blue Jays -- to receive shared funds. Beginning in 2014, however, such clubs will begin sending that money back to the large-market, high-revenue clubs (like the Yankees) from whence it came. The contributing clubs get a rebate in proportion to their contributions, but only if they fall under the luxury tax threshhold. But with clubs like those mentioned shifting toward higher payrolls, the imbalance is disappearing and with it the potential funds to be reclaimed. A Passan source says that "the pool is going to be much less than everyone anticipated."]
They should have ditched the austerity plan before the offseason. We could have resigned Swisher.

We coming for you Magic

Sanjuro

Here is the 10 minute clip of Hawk Harrelson on MLB Network: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hXYvc1JGcgo

TWTW

iBhrRUvmClSm0.gif

Hawk is the worst. This is the guy who said the 2005 White Sox was the greatest team who ever lived.

Come home Jack!!!

I think Seattle has a pretty serious development issue. I feel bad for whoever goes there. How they managed to ruin Smoak, Montero and Ackley at the same time is baffling to me.

I can't wait to find out if Franklin, Walker and Zunino are busted somehow too.

And yeah. Jack should come back.

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
Hanley Ramirez going out this weekend maybe to start rehab and Zack Greinke starting to throw next week? Things are looking up for the Bums!!!

Loria wanted Fernandez to pitch the day game because he thought it would be warmer in Minnesota. It turned out to be the colder of the two games. Oops!

verbum

They weren't going to face him anyways. Braves catch a huge break missing Verlander and Scherzer.

I was reading about the Tigers.
In 1984, they went 35-5 to start the season. Season record was 104-58, 15 games ahead of the second place Blue Jays. Won the WS against the Padres.

Nice season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom