• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

...sigh. What's even sadder is buehrle's contract these next few years. We need to dump him ASAP, if we can, so he can go be happy with his pitbull again.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Harper taken out of the game after appearing to strain... something... on a checked swing. Possibly his oblique.

Askani

Let another pitcher continue to get shelled before you pull him.

Y u no use bullpen Yost?

He's given up 6. Why is he still in? Why? Why?

McNei1y

k1btOpY.gif

Jordan Zimmerman
<Cy Young Winner>

Matugi

And Wainwright, Latos, Ryu, Lee, Kershaw, Burnett. And some guy named Patrick Corbin.

Though I can see how looking only at ERA to judge pitchers can complicate things.

He's got one of the best WHIPs, K/BB, QS%, and pitches/inning. Only thing holding him back compared to the others is K/9, but he gets a lot of fly balls (which I imagine would lower his WAR), but it's also allowed him to go the distance twice.

suEcide

Prediction: jays score ten runs in the bottom of the 9th to win the game. It's also fair to note I'm on hour three of my peyote trip.

rando14

He's got one of the best WHIPs, K/BB, QS%, and pitches/inning. Only thing holding him back compared to the others is K/9, but he gets a lot of fly balls (which I imagine would lower his WAR), but it's also allowed him to go the distance twice.

lol dude relax it's been one month.

He's got WHIP in his favor but can he sustain that .188 BABIP? There's 11 starters with enough innings ahead of him in K/BB. There's 8 guys ahead him in QS (even more if you go by QS%).

If you go by ESPN Cy Predictor, Harvey/Wainwright/Bumgardner are ahead of him. So is Jim Henderson but it's highly unlikely a reliever wins it so let's toss that if you wish. Kershaw/Lynn are right behind (<1 pt) Zimmermann in "Cy Young points".

http://espn.go.com/mlb/features/cyyoung

Matugi

That BABIP is probably why his DIPS is so low. The Nats' defense only appears to show up when Zimmermann is playing (kinda like how the offense disappears when Stras plays...1.83 run support).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom