• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Banned
This is difficult. Darivsh is going to get like 300Ks this season, and he's my ace. I need to get a better idea on how long Stanton and Harper are out.

I was half-joking anyways.

Also - i dont care what kind of a pace he's on at the moment, but there is no way Yu is going to rack up 300ks. Zilch.

The scary thing is I remember that season. Barry wouldn't even flinch with balls an inch outside. I do think that year many umps just gave him the benefit of the doubt because they figured "well shit Barry didn't even move, it couldn't have been a strike." The scary thing is he really did that for entire seasons during the juice years. Like even with everybody getting crazy HR numbers, no one came remotely close to his slugging and on base. He was getting like one or two pitches a game to hit and was hitting them out. He like never struck out either.

Bonds was already a Hall of Fame hitter without the roids. When he started juicing, he became literally a video game character.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
hehe
OGCPLYT.gif

eznark

Banned
Kenny's apparent dogmatic belief in WAR as an immediate and absolute indicator of value is getting to be really annoying to me. It's useful to a point but pretending like April WAR is of any consequence whatsoever is goofy as hell.

Rany and Joe talked about it today on their excellent podcast (not in relation to Kenny) and I couldn't agree more. It's useful mostly as a quick and dirty comparative tool and fantastically useful for trendlines but people way overvalue it.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Kenny's apparent dogmatic belief in WAR as an immediate and absolute indicator of value is getting to be really annoying to me. It's useful to a point but pretending like April WAR is of any consequence whatsoever is goofy as hell.

Rany and Joe talked about it today on their excellent podcast (not in relation to Kenny) and I couldn't agree more. It's useful mostly as a quick and dirty comparative tool and fantastically useful for trendlines but people way overvalue it.
Yeah it is more for when you want a very quick overview. You need to look at the components that make up WAR to actually find out any real useful info. And of course one month is far too small.

I'm shocked no one relayed to Kenny what Chip Caray said about sabermetrics earlier this year, saying it was nothing more than nerds in their Mom's basement pounding calculators that don't even watch baseball.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I'm shocked no one relayed to Kenny what Chip Caray said about sabermetrics earlier this year, saying it was nothing more than nerds in their Mom's basement pounding calculators that don't even watch baseball.
very original chip.

Rob Bradford of WEEI reports that the Red Sox were very close to acquiring Jose Reyes, Josh Johnson, and Emilio Bonafacio from the Marlins, but the deal fell apart because the Marlins demanded Xander Bogaerts and the Red Sox said no thanks.

Shortly afterward, the Marlins did the deal with the Blue Jays.

Sanjuro

Rob Bradford of WEEI reports that the Red Sox were very close to acquiring Jose Reyes, Josh Johnson, and Emilio Bonafacio from the Marlins, but the deal fell apart because the Marlins demanded Xander Bogaerts and the Red Sox said no thanks.

Shortly afterward, the Marlins did the deal with the Blue Jays.

9ik7OKD.gif

Padres chairman Ron Fowler told the local San Diego paper that by midseason, the Padres were going to make the largest offer in franchise history to Chase Headley.

That's not saying much though, considering the largest contract they've ever done is the 3-year, $52 million deal to Jake Peavy in 2007.

Most people are expecting a 5-year, $85 million deal like Ethier's.

RICKEY ROMERO STARTING FRIDAY FOR THE BLUE JAYS.

LOL!

Johnson on 15 day DL.

Romero - our lord and saviour - has returned.

The curse is over!

Since Spring Training Ricky has only thrown in one start at A level Dunedin.

RICKEY ROMERO STARTING FRIDAY FOR THE BLUE JAYS.

LOL!

Johnson on 15 day DL.

Romero - our lord and saviour - has returned.

The curse is over!

Since Spring Training Ricky has only thrown in one start at A level Dunedin.

At least it's against the Mariners...they're pretty terrible too, right?

Prediction: Jays get blown out, Mariners win by 10+ runs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom