• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.
This KC weather is some nasty stuff. I can't believe they're playing, but the Rays don't come back this year.

They're literally playing in low 30's sleet which is about to turn to snow.

RICKEY ROMERO STARTING FRIDAY FOR THE BLUE JAYS.

LOL!

Johnson on 15 day DL.

Romero - our lord and saviour - has returned.

The curse is over!

Since Spring Training Ricky has only thrown in one start at A level Dunedin.

Romero gonna represent East Los!!!!!!!!!

Also Dodgers wouldn't mind taking washed up Felix...lol

Lexxism

RICKEY ROMERO STARTING FRIDAY FOR THE BLUE JAYS.

LOL!

Johnson on 15 day DL.

Romero - our lord and saviour - has returned.

The curse is over!

Since Spring Training Ricky has only thrown in one start at A level Dunedin.

Our best pitcher is back. King Felix won't stand a chance against him.

Posey's a dick

x8wBzJR.gif

Highlights on the MLB At Bat app.

Can only listen to the game at work. So, I always check the highlights on the ride home.
Same here. even in Vegas the dodger games get blackout on the app. But if I go to Palm Springs I can watch them. Weird

Okay, it's really getting insane now. Top of the 4th.

Ervin Santana just struck out Longo for his 7th of the game. This is like playing The Show with the sliders all screwy.

Ha. The Royals are up by one, it's the bottom of the 4th and NOW they pull out the tarp. Whatever. Six more outs and it's official. What a load of shit. Why play half the game in such insane conditions and then stop so close to the end?

Askani

Now they call the rain delay. It was stupid to try to get the game in anyway.

They had to try. The schedules only allowed for like 3 available dates for the rest of the year. All of them would have forced special permission because of the number of games that would make one or the other team play in a row.

Link

The Autumn Wind
They had to try. The schedules only allowed for like 3 available dates for the rest of the year. All of them would have forced special permission because of the number of games that would make one or the other team play in a row.
Understandable, but that doesn't make allowing play in that kind of weather any less reckless. Between the rain and the cold, they were just asking for someone to get injured.

Yeah, they probably shouldn't have started at all, but it IS crap that they'd stop it now. We could have rested Santana. Instead, we risked everyone for nothing AND burned Santana. Just play the bottom of the 4th and top of the 5th and record the game. I'm sure it won't take long anyway.

to be fair, I'm sure I'd be singing a different tune if the Rays were leading

Hey, there's a little dry patch on the radar about to float over the K, and they're pulling up the tarp! We should send in Holland (our closer) for the 5th.

EDIT: And evidently they sprinkled Diamond Dry and put the tarp back.

Hey, there's a little dry patch on the radar about to float over the K, and they're pulling up the tarp! We should send in Holland (our closer) for the 5th.

And evidently they sprinkled Diamond Dry and put the tarp back.

Bring the rain overhere to L.A.. It's gonna be in the 90's the next couple of days...We need some rain badly

Askani

Yeah, I'm about 15 minutes west from the stadium and it's sleeting here. Hope that clear patch comes soon and lasts just long enough.

Outfielder Andrew Brown is due to join the Mets for their weekend series in Atlanta, a team source told ESPNNewYork.com.

Brown, 28, is hitting .367 with two homers and 27 RBIs in 98 at-bats with Triple-A Las Vegas.

The Mets have not announced the move, so it is not 100 percent clear who is impacted by Brown's expected promotion. It might be as simple as returning Juan Lagares to Triple-A Las Vegas -- using the same logic as when Kirk Nieuwenhuis was demoted to get regular at-bats. Collin Cowgill is hitting .157 (8-for-51) and has not started since last Thursday and, like Lagares, should have a minor league option.
plz demote Colin Cowgill for now. I'd like to see Juan Lagares and his rocket arm more.

sangreal

Bluejays broadcaster (Dick Hayhurst) is accusing Buchholz of using Crisco.
Buchholz and Farrell deny his accusations.

David Cone was talking the other week on YES broadcast about trying to get cheating tips from Gaylord Perry. I gather it's pretty common

sangreal

wtf, he hasn't even pitched in a few days has he? and of course Robertson limped off the field last night with a knee issue. They claim he is fine, but given the way Yankees are dropping I won't be surprised if he is hurt

SHOCKER, via RAB:

David Robertson is day-to-day with “crankiness” in his left hamstring, Brian Cashman confirmed. He had an MRI today and it is not a DL situation.

Robertson, 28, limped off the field last night after apparently catching a spike during the follow through of his final pitch. He said afterwards he was fine, but the team send him for tests anyway. Robertson has pitched well this year (3.86 ERA, 3.54 FIP), and with Joba Chamberlain hitting the DL, the Yankees really can’t afford to lose their primary setup man. ·

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom