• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILtWSjw.gif

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
God dammit, I forgot to start Iwakuma today.

Just sitting there, taunting me with his 0 ER and 5 Ks and .300 OBA.

Seriously, no. Jays are far more worst than those two.
At what point do we stop considering Anthopoulos as this amazing GM? Universally praised for getting Rasmus for a bunch of relievers then universally praised for going "all in" when the Yankees and Red Sox were perceived to be in a transition year.

Jesus Christ Julio Borbon throws how I imagine Frankman throws. Weakly and with many hops on its way to the target.
a) Didn't have a howitzer but didn't need it, I used superior technique when I played the OF.
Cock your arm at a 40 angle and release the ball at its apex as hard as I can
b) You don't become a good utility guy with a shitty arm.

eznark

Banned
a) Didn't have a howitzer but didn't need it, I used superior technique when I played the OF.
Cock your arm at a 40 angle and release the ball at its apex as hard as I can
b) You don't become a good utility guy with a shitty arm.

Oh my God you are Chocolate Eckstein!!

JEASUS SEGURA!!!!!!!!

There are rumblings that Chris Carpenter is trying to make a comeback as a reliever.

His current issue isn't his capability as a pitcher, but fatigue/pain, right? If that's the case, I could see him getting in for 10-15 pitches every few nights.

Also, damn Cubs, damn. I'm pretty sure Marmol would fit in just fine with our bullpen if you want to hand him over.

His current issue isn't his capability as a pitcher, but fatigue/pain, right? If that's the case, I could see him getting in for 10-15 pitches every few nights
He wasn't particularly sharp in his few outings last year either so who knows how effective he would be. His "stuff" would certainly benefit from shorter outings since he doesn't have to pace himself for 6+ innings but if he's hurting, he really shouldn't pitching. I don't know if pitching every few days for shorter stints would be all that great for his body.

The guy obviously still wants to pitch but there really isn't a logical place to place him in the rotation right now while the bullpen has been a mess. I'd imagine it'd be quicker to get his conditioning level ready for a relief role compared to a starter too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom