• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blearth

Banned
ibdTsyzM2d1aGR.gif

Giants fans are so spoiled.

Good to see the relief not suck ass for once for the Cards. That's what happens when all your top prospects show up though I suppose. I'm sad about Motte needing TJ surgery, but mostly because, as someone else in here pointed out months ago, they tried the "wait and see" approach and once again were wrong, which ultimately means he will barely be ready to play by the all-star break next year. If they'd gone to TJ quickly, he may have been almost ready for opening day.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
New 49ers stadium now the favorite for hosting Super Bowl L after Miami fails to get funding for stadium upgrades:

The San Francisco 49ers may have missed a Super Bowl title by a few yards, but it appears the team's new Santa Clara stadium is a virtual lock to host the 2016 title game.

By default. And politics.

Two stadiums -- the new $1 billion stadium in Santa Clara and the Miami Dolphins' "aging" Sun Life Stadium -- are the final contenders to host Super Bowl 50.

But the National Football League has informed the Dolphins that their venue needs significant improvements before it can be considered for the big game, and Florida lawmakers can't agree on allotting $350 million towards stadium rehabilitation.

Lawmakers ended a 60-day session Friday without approving a plan to get taxpayer support for the upgrade to Sun Life Stadium.

The Miami Herald said it was an "epic defeat" for the Miami Dolphins.

“Okay, members,” Florida House Speaker Will Weatherford told lawmakers at 6:57 p.m. “We’re done.”

The voters won't have the opportunity to approve a publicly-funded rehab plan during a May 14 vote, which means the Bay Area will likely win the bid.

Santa Clara Mayor Jamie Matthews said he is very excited, but added he is still being "cautiously optimistic." He would not declare his city the winner.

The NFL won't make the official announcement until May 21.

"Until the vote happens on the 21st we don't know for sure. But each step that leads up to that is very exciting," Matthews said.

The Bay Area last hosted a Super Bowl in 1985, when 84,000 people watched -- wait for it -- the San Francisco 49ers defeat the Miami Dolphins, 38-16, at Stanford Stadium.

Thanks Loria!

In a report for ESPN New York, Adam Rubin says Jordany Valdespin was asked to attend early batting practice at Turner Field yesterday, but opted to not participate.

Rubin says Valdespin’s absence annoyed the team and coaching staff.

“[Valdespin is] exciting,” Terry Collins said after last night’s game. “He plays with a lot of excitement, a lot of enthusiasm, especially when it’s crunch time. You know you’re going to get things that you don’t expect sometimes.”

According to Rubin, Valdespin was told by a coach he did not have to participate in the batting practice session, so he simply didn’t show up.

Valdespin appeared as a pinch hitter in the tenth inning of last night’s 7-5 win over the Braves. With two outs, Valdespin walked, stole second base, and scored the go-ahead run on Ruben Tejada’s RBI single.
it's shit like this that make no sense. Guy works hard, has been at every voluntary practice. He misses one that the coach said he didn't have to show up for and they kill him?

Link

The Autumn Wind
As opposed as I am to using public funds for billionaires to make renovations so they can turn around and raise ticket prices for that same public, I believe in democracy, and think it should have at least had a vote. It likely would have failed, but let the people decide that. Though our legislature is a joke, so I'm not surprised. 2014 can't come soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom