• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macattk15

Could have been worse but Felix Felix'ed.

I bet if Brendan Ryan was starting SS nothing would have occurred ... fuck Andino. Fuck Wedge.

rando14

I blame the time of this game.

Who the fuck has noon games midweek?

Also it is sad I would swap Chavez and Felix in the batting order.

lol im pretty sure felix has more grand slams than like half of our line up

hopefully felix settles down after this. PREPARE FOR THE MARINERS OFFENSIVE JUGGERNAUT BURNETT

Macattk15

Not worried about Felix. If he gives up runs he generally gives them up early ... but our offense ... ugh.

More Montero weak contact ... Can we give him back to the Yankees?

JABEE

Roy Halladay says he can have surgery that will turn the clock back 2-3 months. He will get his velocity and location back. He needs to have surgery on his shoulder. He had bone spurs. That frayed his labrum and rotator cuff.

He could be back in 3 months! I hope this is true and not just Halladay's optimism.

Edit: It's supposed to be months. Sorry.

Roy Halladay says he can have surgery that will turn the clock back 2-3 years. He will get his velocity and location back. He needs to have surgery on his shoulder. He had bone spurs. That frayed his labrum and rotator cuff.

He could be back in 3 months! I hope this is true and not just Halladay's optimism.
That sounds bad. Aren't rotator cuff injuries the death knell for a pitcher?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'd probably be more optimistic if he were younger and didn't have as much mileage with all those 200 inning seasons. I like Doc though, so I hope he returns to something close to form.

JABEE

Halladay said that from this year to last year the rotator cuff became more damaged from the rubbing from the spur.

I don't know if Halladay is being overly optimistic and grabbing onto the first expert to give him positive news. He said he's probably had this injury for a long time. The doctor said he didn't feel a lot of pain until the end, because everything else around it was so strong.

I hope Halladay can come back. He thinks he can come back and be effective.

Edit: It's not the surgery. It's just a scope and a clean up to fix the bone spur. He doesn't need to reattach the labrum or rotator cuff.

Halladay only needs an arthroscopic procedure to clean out the spurs. No major surgery like Johan or anything, but he's probably going to be out until August or September.

Halladay said that from this year to last year the rotator cuff became more damaged from the rubbing from the spur.

I don't know if Halladay is being overly optimistic and grabbing onto the first expert to give him positive news. He said he's probably had this injury for a long time. The doctor said he didn't feel a lot of pain until the end, because everything else around it was so strong.

I hope Halladay can come back. He thinks he can come back and be effective.

Edit: It's not the surgery. It's just a scope and a clean up to fix the bone spur. He doesn't need to reattach the labrum or rotator cuff.

If anyone can do it Doc can. Guy seems like such a warrior. Hopefully he will be back in September in time to help the Phillies win the division for the 6th time in the last 7 years.

Macattk15

Man. Watching Michael Saunders go from an absolute shitty player to constantly improving year to year and being awesome ... is neat.

I wish it'd happen more often with Mariner players. Makes me not give up on Ackley at least.

rando14

Man. Watching Michael Saunders go from an absolute shitty player to constantly improving year to year and being awesome ... is neat.

I wish it'd happen more often with Mariner players. Makes me not give up on Ackley at least.

Agreed, I am so glad to have him healthy and in the lineup.

dubc35

Starling Marte's BA is > 4 of the M's starting (today) players' OBP.

What a sack of shitheads...but might win on 2 hits today

Branduil

So the stuff on Buchholz's arm was sunscreen+rosin.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/it-s-a...rs--latest-way-to-gain-an-edge-173953962.html

Two veteran pitchers and one source close to the Red Sox told Yahoo! Sports that about 90 percent of major league pitchers use some form of spray-on sunscreen – almost always BullFrog brand – that when combined with powdered rosin gives them a far superior grip on the ball.

"Sunscreen and rosin could be used as foundation for houses," one American League pitcher said. "Produces a tack, glue-like substance that engineers would be jealous of."

All almost certainly knew the truth: BullFrog is as prevalent across baseball as chewing tobacco and sunflower seeds. Major League Baseball can't exactly ban sunscreen. And players accept it as part of the game because they don't believe it leads to crazy movement on pitches like spitters of yore.

While Buchholz declined comment through a Red Sox spokesman Wednesday, one source close to the Red Sox confirmed the team's pitchers almost all rely on sunscreen for better grip on finicky balls, particularly in cold, bad weather.

The beauty of BullFrog is its inconspicuousness. Because it goes on clear, it can easily be mistaken for sweat. Of course, the subterfuge tends to vanish when one applies sunscreen for a game played in a domed stadium, as Buchholz did at Rogers Centre.

"Most guys are a tad more discreet about it," one National League pitcher said, "rather than put the rosin on your arm 10 times over the course of an outing."

"I just don't get the difference between BullFrog and hitters using pine tar," the NL pitcher said. "No difference whatsoever. Pitcher needs better grip so he knows somewhat where it's going and doesn't hit the batter in the head.
"I've never heard of it affecting movement. Scuffs on the ball are the only thing that can do that."

Don't think anything is going to come from this.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I have tickets for the Giants @ Jays next week so excited to see both my teams. Last time I saw a game was 2010 when the Giants were in town. Of course I had no idea they'd win the World Series that year.

Gameday running Animal Crossing ads between innings for the SEA-PIT game. Dammit Nintendo, won't be able to play that shit till August!

The press received their copies over a month early. I'm so jelly I won't be able to play for another month. But if I had to wait until August I might die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom