• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing come back win today. 4-3 on the road trip and it really should have been 5-2, if only Adams hadnt let a guy hitting .180 take him deep. Hopefully the hit today gets Howard back on track.

We play the Brewers 7 times over the course of our next 18 games, so we're likely going to have to get over that hump to achieve it. Although the Astros and Cubs should be free wins.

tumblr_lhktnmgnUe1qdetru.gif

Will phillies maybe trade lee?

If they are hopelessly out of the 2nd wildcard then sure they would, but they wont be out of it at the deadline, so no they wont. The only guy I see them possibly trading is Jimmy. Galvis can play SS as well as him and he looks like a better hitter.

see5harp

I was so disgusted by the Vogey start that I said fuck baseball and watched Warriors games. Didn't realize how badly the Giants came back to destroy the Braves. What the hell happened to their offense? I know you didn't just let Matt Cain and Tim Lincecum do that to you.

rando14

Why would rizzo agree to 7 year 41 million so early in his career? dude's putting up good numbers and he has a ton of potential, does he really not think he's worth more

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Why would rizzo agree to 7 year 41 million so early in his career? dude's putting up good numbers and he has a ton of potential, does he really not think he's worth more

He wasn't a FA till 2018. Can't fault a guy for "settling" for that kind of money.

Not getting a no trade clause though is pretty shitty.

thefro

Financial security. $43 million guaranteed (he has a $2 million dollar buyout if the team doesn't pick up the 2 option years) probably means a lot for someone who's already battled cancer once.

The Rockies haven't scored a run in 26 innings, and have only scored 5 runs total in their last 47 innings.

Ouch.

STL's starting pitching has an ERA of 2.11... more than 1.00 lower than the 2nd place in the league, the Tigers, with a 3.27.

I jinxed it.

Sonofabitch.

Sanjuro

Had a pretty good view of this the other day, Victorino got absolutely crushed. No idea why he went full force. Ended up going to the hospital later.

ibvKbMdvMHRLeL.gif

eznark

Banned
Wow good for Rizzo to get that deal. Not a bad price for Adam LaRoche 2.0 for the Cubs either.

It's basically the same as Braun's first deal (minus the club options) though and no one on Earth thinks Rizzo's ceiling is that high.

eznark

Banned

It's the same deal every kid is taking now, there is no downside. They get paid now by selling their arb years but are still eligible for that one monster contract around the 30 year old mark. I do think he was pretty stupid to allow for the two club option years though. That puts him at 32 and likely on some bit of decline.

In Rizzo's case it make a hell of a lot more sense than someone like Tulo who had a position premium that he way undersold. First basemen are a dime a dozen. Hell, even Yuni B can do it!

BFIB

As much as I hate the Cubs, I really like the move on signing Rizzo.

Cards have placed Westbrook on the DL, and have recalled Gast, who will get his first MLB start Tuesday.

eznark

Banned
As much as I hate the Cubs, I really like the move on signing Rizzo.

Cards have placed Westbrook on the DL, and have recalled Gast, who will get his first MLB start Tuesday.

Why not give Martinez the start? I want to see that kid. Gast is trash.

BFIB

Why not give Martinez the start? I want to see that kid. Gast is trash.

Had it been one start, I think the Cards might have elected Martinez. Apparently Westbrook will likely miss his next three, so they opted for Gast instead since Martinez is mopping up in the bullpen.

I'm just waiting to see Wacha perform in the bigs.

eznark

Banned
I actually thought they might be grooming Wacha to pitch out of the pen this year then move him to the rotation next year considering how sick he looked right after the draft. Guy is going to be unhittable once through an order.

The worst part of the Rizzo deal is that Vogelbach is orphaned! Fuck you Theo, the world wants to see this turd hit!

Dan-Vogelbach1.jpeg

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I was so disgusted by the Vogey start that I said fuck baseball and watched Warriors games. Didn't realize how badly the Giants came back to destroy the Braves. What the hell happened to their offense? I know you didn't just let Matt Cain and Tim Lincecum do that to you.

Frontrunner! ;P

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
High Heat Baseball was made on those stupid ass blue PS2 discs. That game gave my PS2 disc read errors so fuck that game.

I wish MVP made a comeback. Fuck 2K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom