• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our middle relief is going to have to really step up now that we're down 2 starters (3 if you count Carpenter). John Gast and Tyler Lyons aren't going to go deep into games very often. Lots of innings going to Maness/Kelly/Salas/Boggs.

Our middle relief is going to have to really step up now that we're down 2 starters (3 if you count Carpenter). John Gast and Tyler Lyons aren't going to go deep into games very often. Lots of innings going to Maness/Kelly/Salas/Boggs.
Or Maness can keep giving up singles and more singles. :(

Matheny is really going to let Maness face Braun with the bases loaded? EDIT: Of course, he gets the GIDP.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Meh, whatever. Chapman went through one of these crap stretches in May of last year. Not worried at all.

Yep. Pretty much sums up my thoughts. I'd really like to see him throw the slider more. He needs to paint the corners with the fastball and not count on straight up speed down the heart of the plate.

Enron

Banned
Oh man, Kinsler has strained intercostals.

I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO (literally, i'm dealing with that same injury now)

He's going to be out longer than 2 weeks if it's anything more than a light strain :x

Andrew Brown pulled from AAA game. No injury reported. Is it time for Ike Davis to go to Vegas?
JuiER.gif

The Mets have promoted RHP Rafael Montero to Triple-A Las Vegas, according to Adam Rubin of ESPN New York.

According to Lynn Worthy of the Binghamton News, Montero is making a spot start for Las Vegas, and is expected to return to Binghamton afterwards.

In eight starts with Double-A Binghamton, Montero, 22, is 4-3 with a 3.47 ERA, having allowed 18 runs on 40 hits with just six walks and 54 strikeouts in 46 2/3 innings.
tumblr_m7c9gbMXnE1qd4d8u.gif

I'm still amused about the NL Central having the top 3 best records in the NL, despite all the shit about the Astros leaving and the division collapsing without them to beat down. Ironically, the AL West now has the most teams in MLB at or below .500. Miami or Houston for the worst record in baseball this season, what do you guys think? Or, some other wild card? My money is on Miami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom