• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
1. Gerrit Cole, RHP, Indianapolis (3-2, 3.75) - 5.2 IP, 6 H, 8 R, 8 ER, 3 BB, 4 K, 0 HR

damn

Also Taillon gotta be getting close to being brought up to Indy

Every time. Every single time. Every fucking single time. Every fucking goddamn single fucking time I see this same shit. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

This team can't win with 2 runs because this goddamn bullpen can't keep its shit together.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Every time. Every single time. Every fucking single time. Every fucking goddamn single fucking time I see this same shit. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

This team can't win with 2 runs because this goddamn bullpen can't keep its shit together.
I feel your pain, I really do.

Dre3001

TVE3Doh.gif

About sums up his career

Well, fuck this. Three days in a row with good starting pitching and an offense so rotten that we lose by a single run.

Ned Yost has never heard of a pinch hitter and manages the pen like he's playing PS3. Screw him, he's gotta go. Send Hos AND Moose to AAA for a couple of weeks, too.

It's nice to see that the Red Sox seem to have recovered from their slump... that was not a good stretch, but they're clearly much better now. :)

Also, so I was at another Sea Dogs (the local team, Red Sox AA affiliate) game yesterday. I wouldn't usually post about it, but the ending was one of the most memorable in any baseball game I've been to, so I thought it was worthwhile.

So, the Sea Dogs were behind 7-6 entering the 9th because the shortstop had made a major error a few innings earlier, which allowed two runs to score instead of getting out of the inning with a lead. Yeah, minor league baseball can be like that. So, it's the bottom of the 9th. The other team (Binghamton Mets) closer apparently was 11 for 11, and could throw hard, but his control wasn't perfect -- threw quite a few balls. The first two batters got singles, which put men on first and second. The next guy had a long 10+ pitch at bat, and fouled off pitch after pitch... before finally striking out. Yeah, that was deflating. The next guy also fought, but ended up striking out as well. So, down to the final out. The next batter got to 2-2 count, when the Sea Dogs did a double steal. There was no throw (maybe they were hoping for a called strike three?), so now it was second and third. And then... he walked him! Bases loaded.

The next batter, Matt Spring, hit a grand slam home run on the second pitch to win the game. That hit had a loud "crack", it was the sound of hitting the ball dead on... and indeed, the ball hit a sign over the high wall (Green Monster height wall in left field). Winning a game with a two-out grand slam in the bottom of the 9th? That's the kind of thing you dream about, but it never happens for most people...

Yeah, that was pretty exciting, to say the least. :)

(article about it is here. As for the uniforms, apparently they were special Breast Cancer Awareness Day light pink uniforms with black sleeves. They look more like circa-1994 Marlins-style Sea Dogs uniforms (with the black sleeves on a light shirt), from before they became a Red Sox affiliate, except light pink. I couldn't tell what color they were at the game, though, just looked off-white.

rando14

I'm not. I need to get my 3DS back from my Brother. :( Game's sitting here looking all damn sexy and all with that cover. ;__;

Hah I see, yeah ive been in that situation before

Its my first fire emblem in a reaaaally long time, i sucked at it at first but now i think im getting the hang of it

some solid new features too over the GBA versions when i last played

Hah I see, yeah ive been in that situation before

Its my first fire emblem in a reaaaally long time, i sucked at it at first but now i think im getting the hang of it

some solid new features too over the GBA versions when i last played

I have Path of Radiance for Gamecube, so I really liked that with Ike in it. Have you downloaded the DLC? Is Marth or Ike worth downloading, or have you ventured that far yet?

rando14

I have Path of Radiance for Gamecube, so I really liked that with Ike in it. Have you downloaded the DLC? Is Marth or Ike worth downloading, or have you ventured that far yet?

Nah not yet im only about 10 hours into the game, still trying to feel out all the classes. although yeah getting characters from past games is a really cool feature for sure, ive grabbed a couple but they can be hard to get since they're always accompanied by high level dudes who you have to beat :\

Link

The Autumn Wind
So, the Sea Dogs were behind 7-6 entering the 9th because the shortstop had made a major error a few innings earlier, which allowed two runs to score instead of getting out of the inning with a lead. Yeah, minor league baseball can be like that.
Eh? Major league baseball can be like that.

So, the Sea Dogs were behind 7-6 entering the 9th because the shortstop had made a major error a few innings earlier, which allowed two runs to score instead of getting out of the inning with a lead. Yeah, minor league baseball can be like that.

Ask Stephen Strasburg if Major League Baseball can be like that. Make sure Ryan Zimmerman's around if you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom