• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

holy crap... the white sox just doubled the number of runs scored against guthrie in the last 35 innings against him @_@

holy crap... the white sox just doubled the number of runs scored against guthrie in the last 35 innings against him @_@

Yeah, he got out of it, but that was pretty scary for a second.

I don't know why he got so much better after moving out of Arizona, I guess he's not heat and dry weather friendly? And as for the Royals bullpen, it's actually pretty solid. They were far superior to the rotation last year (not that that's saying much), and had to pick up a lot of slack and pick up a ton more innings than they should have had to.

zulux21

I don't know why he got so much better after moving out of Arizona, I guess he's not heat and dry weather friendly? And as for the Royals bullpen, it's actually pretty solid. They were far superior to the rotation last year (not that that's saying much), and had to pick up a lot of slack and pick up a ton more innings than they should have had to.

hey 1 run is more than I expected the white sox to get off guthrie, plus it was the first run for the season not via homerun which is nice to have.

the tigers/twins game is exciting right now as well bases loaded 1 out for fielder and struck him out, still bases loaded with 2 outs for Martinez which isn't resolved yet in a 1 run game.

edit: it seems the twins got out of it... nice... while it feels odd for me to be rooting for the twins, at least at this point losses for the tigers are a good thing for the white sox as the tigers are hands down the team to beat in the central lol.

jakncoke

Banned
Pittsburgh had the tying run on third with no outs, but Pedro Alvarez struck out and Neil Walker hit into a game-ending double play.

Pirates going to Pirate. not even wasting my time watching the archive.

Angels have a terrifying lineup. Glad the Reds didn't have to play them at the end of the year.

So, are we having interleague play every week this year?

EDIT: What am I thinking? We have to have it.

zulux21

Angels have a terrifying lineup. Glad the Reds didn't have to play them at the end of the year.

So, are we having interleague play every week this year?
given there are 15 teams in both leagues now there will be an interleague game going 5-7 times a week. (aka there will always be an interleague series going on)

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Chris Davis is mashing.

L2nNMrb.png

Seriously for the rest of this game they should just give him the Bonds treatment. Shit has been so ridiculous.

zulux21

hmmm white sox have only gotten to crow once (in like 15-20 appearances against the white sox)... for 3 runs back in july 2011.... wonder if they can get to him for a second time in his career today.

zulux21

When will Konerko show up or is he done?

his spring training numbers were great, he is most likely just a little off right now, it's way to early to judge whether or not age is finally getting to him, if at the end of the month he is still batting below .200 then you can start to worry he is mostly done.

rekameohs

Banned

Guthrie came from the Rockies.

zulux21

woah i looked away from the tigers twins game and the twins put up 5 runs
also I see the mets lost, which leaves just 5 unfeated teams, and unless the white sox can make a come back that will be just 4 left.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I just got to the nats game so if any of you national fuckers are at the game and want to meet up then point the way.

131 row g btw

edit: don't have IRC on this phone as well.

zulux21

Thank God. They tried to throw it away but managed to pull out a win.

On pace for 54 - 108! Go Royals!
and with that there were only 4 undefeated teams left
oh well it was better than I expected... I called a 5-1 loss last night so a 3-1 loss isn't horrible and at least the white sox got the winning run to the plate in the 9th.

zulux21

I expected an ugly series, but I love watching the Tigers get their ass beat. I hate the type of baseball they play.

im not trying to be a smart ass, but I have to wonder, what do you consider is the type of baseball the tigers play.

They have a line up full of good hitters.
some great starters
but lack end of the game pitching
and their defense isn't great...
their game plan seems to be hit the ball hard and hope their starters can lock it down...

so I guess it would be an offense driven baseball?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom