• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan-ts

Jays win!

tumblr_lzvdmzexHb1qk2u4ao1_500.gif

Doytch

The legend of Scott Kazmir ends with the dawn of the Trevor Bauer era. Would make a good film review on TheFilmStage.com or a good diss track.
Googling Kazmir brought up this story near the top.
Left-hander Scott Kazmir finally believes. It took him a while, but he gets it.

Kazmir is back in the big leagues as the Indians' fifth starter. They told him on March 25. He even held a news conference, but it was clear he had his doubts.

"I don't even remember what I told you guys," Kazmir told reporters before Monday's workout at Rogers Centre. "I blacked out. I was definitely in another place, but it has sunk in."

Kazmir's last big-league start was April 3, 2011 with the Angels. Just over a month later, he was released.

"Just getting back in the swing of things, the whole routine, is something I've missed," he said. "I'm enjoying it. I'm enjoying every minute of it."

Kazmir pitched for the Rays for parts of six seasons (2004 to 2009) until they traded him to the Angels. On Saturday, he'll start against them.

"How ironic is that?" he asked. "It's going to be a good one. I'm in familiar territory. I know what the field plays like. I know what the mound feels like, that's for sure."

Kazmir, 29, went 1-0 with a 3.46 ERA in four appearances, including two starts, this spring. He struck out 13, walked one and allowed 18 hits in 13 innings.

He also made a couple of minor league starts, including one Saturday before breaking camp with the Indians.
It's kinda funny, but I bet he feels so shitty.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/red-sox/post/_/id/26126/drew-hitless-in-first-rehab-game

I was there today for the first game... it was cold (I think the sign claimed 41 degrees, but yeah, that wasn't counting the windchill... and it was windy.) and the Sea Dogs were terrible. Sure, they had good offense for the first 2 1/3 innings, but other than that... not good. 5 errors, really? One of the Trenton players got on base THREE TIMES thanks to Sea Dogs errors. Yeah. And yeah, the two "pros" were awful too... Daniel Bard is hopeless. I know that it was a bad night for homers (the Thunder got four in the game, and the Sea Dogs one; maybe that wind was helping or something), but still, come on. You're down to AA, and you're that poor again? And Stephen Drew... 0-3 at the plate, and pulled after 5 innings? Is he really ready to return?

zulux21

so last night i posed the question which team would be the last to lose a game, well the teams made it boring and thus only the nationals are left, so the question now is what will happen first, the nationals lose a game, or the marlins win a game?

Nationals face the reds next and marlins face the mets.

I think that the nationals will lose against the reds before the marlins can beat the mets, what about you guys?

so last night i posed the question which team would be the last to lose a game, well the teams made it boring and thus only the nationals are left, so the question now is what will happen first, the nationals lose a game, or the marlins win a game?

Nationals face the reds next and marlins face the mets.

I think that the nationals will lose against the reds before the marlins can beat the mets, what about you guys?

I think the series will be 2-1 in favor of the Nats. And Friday's game is probably the one the Reds have the best chances of winning, I think. However, if the Nats win Friday, I see a sweep for Washington. So, I say the Marlins win first is the safe bet.

EDIT: Chuck,was that post and the avatar combination intentional? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom