• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, just false Toronto bravado. He probably came off as vanilla because your team was/is trash.

No, that's what I mean. We had a crap team, a lot of injuries, and thus nothing really happened. The fit wasn't there and both parties separated amicably. The definition of vanilla!

If there are angry fans out there, I'm not really sure what they're upset about. Farrell's tenure and exit was remarkably uncontroversial.

edit: I don't think the Jays will be close to 'great' until next season, and even then only after a few more acquisitions. We're not challenging for anything with Rasmus and Lind in our line-up.

You are talking about on paper. They haven't done anything yet and have a ton of questionable acquisitions.

You could be right that the moves they made wind up not working out but the Jays had a better record last year then the Sox and will almost certainly will have a better record this year. That is why I said it was silly for a Sox fan to call the Jays garbage. No one was saying anything about the Jays being great. You totally manufactured that.

rinse82

No, that's what I mean. We had a crap team, a lot of injuries, and thus nothing really happened. The fit wasn't there and both parties separated amicably. The definition of vanilla!

If there are angry fans out there, I'm not really sure what they're upset about. Farrell's tenure and exit was remarkably uncontroversial.

This is Toronto, land of the inferiority complex.

This funny thing is, no one thought he was a great manager, and wouldn't have been upset if he was fired.

But the fact that he didn't like us has made this whole "return" into something way bigger than it should be.

It's why this city still boos Tracy McGrady and Vince Carter.

Sanjuro

That's the point. Ultimately they made the trade.

I remember when the trade went down, there were a few Toronto fans calling the radio station bitching about how he betrayed them. I just assumed they had to be fake. Literally nothing happened in the two seasons other than the uniforms becoming sexy again.

I would have booed VC 5 years ago. Now? He deserves the Maple Leafs treatment.

And it wasn't so much that he 'didn't like us', more that his once-in-a-lifetime job opportunity came up, and AA allowed him to pursue it.

Sanjuro

You could be right that the moves they made wind up not working out but the Jays had a better record last year then the Sox and will almost certainly will have a better record this year. That is why I said it was silly for a Sox fan to call the Jays garbage. No one was saying anything about the Jays being great. You totally manufactured that.

...when you are using the silly argument about "it's silly for Team-X fan" of course you are attempting to make that point. You are furthering that point by making a bold statement about the Jay's talent yet again.

Sanjuro

This is Toronto, land of the inferiority complex.

This funny thing is, no one thought he was a great manager, and wouldn't have been upset if he was fired.

But the fact that he didn't like us has made this whole "return" into something way bigger than it should be.

The best thing about the Jays at the moment, is that they aren't being handled like a AAA team. Even when Clemens was there beasting they didn't give a fuck.

...when you are using the silly argument about "it's silly for Team-X fan" of course you are attempting to make that point. You are furthering that point by making a bold statement about the Jay's talent yet again.

You honestly think it is a bold statement to say the Jays will have a better record then the Sox this year? Almost every site I have seen has picked the Sox to finish last in the East. The Jays were under .500 last year and still had a better record. I think calling them garbage this year is the much bolder statement.

rekameohs

Banned
Yeah I don't get the "you don't have the right to talk shit because your team sucks" argument. Why should we deny Astros fans the fun of watching the Marlins?

Sanjuro

You honestly think it is a bold statement to say the Jays will have a better record then the Sox this year? Almost every site I have seen has picked the Sox to finish last in the East. The Jays were under .500 last year and still had a better record. I think calling them garbage this year is the much bolder statement.

There was a very specific reason the Red Sox were poor last season. Any reasonable analyst predicting their finish has them around the middle of the pack. If we are going to use on paper arguments, the team is in pretty good shape.

Yeah I don't get the "you don't have the right to talk shit because your team sucks" argument. Why should we deny Astros fans the fun of watching the Marlins?

I honestly try to avoid shit-talking when my favoured team is crap. Makes being a Raptors/Jays/Maple Leafs fan even worse.

Yankees roster is nothing but garbage right now. They better hope they can stay around .500 for the next 2 months, or it could get ugly. I'm talking real ugly.

aFIGurANT

Well thankfully the yanks won't be missing the presence of e. Nunez since it's just a bruise from that hbp. So no worries tomorrow when he's back, right?

Right?

Prade

Yankees roster is nothing but garbage right now. They better hope they can stay around .500 for the next 2 months, or it could get ugly. I'm talking real ugly.

The media and most Yank fans have already prepared themselves for a sub par season. The yanks are kind of notorious for not coming out of the gates firing too. I still expect them to win like 85 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom