• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.
zboston.jpg

Going to Farrell Fest tonight.

Damn Kazmir done? Interested in seeing Bauer though.

He's just supposed to miss two or three starts. Unless Bauer and/or Carrasco perform well enough to get the Tribe to keep them in the rotation. They could stick anyway if Brett Myers continues to stink it up.

Sucks we lost last night, but at least the offense showed life and kept fighting back. Good signs to me that we can at least be competitive this year.

I am really liking what I am seeing so far from the Phils. Cole was rusty the first game but I am sure he will bounce back. Doc is a concern, but the offense has looked much better. Revere has been good as a leadoff hitter. He actually takes pitches unlike JRo. Dom has had some really good at bats so far. Chase looks fantastic. Even though they started 1-2 I feel so much better about this years team then last years team.

At Camden Yards for the home opener. Just ran into Nate McLouth's parents in the team store. Nice folks but they were having trouble finding one of their son's shirts.

Kind of sad I missed yesterday's game. Looks like Lee was his dominant self.

His accuracy seemed incredible. He just hit his spot all night. It was the exact opposite of Doc the night before. It was funny that both guys hit 92 regularly on the gun, but Doc would try and go low and away, and it would be up and in and get crushed.

Meier

I missed my draft due to a wedding and ended up with a shitload of 1Bs -- Morneau, Youkilis, Howard and Goldschmidt. I want to unload Howard but no one wants to trade for him.

Phillies fans, is anyone confident he'll be good again? Texeira is available so I am considering dropping Howard and getting Tex and just stashing him on the DL for a month or however long he's out for. Morneau and Goldschmidt should be fine for my 1B needs with the other playing Utility. Youk is my 3B with Moustakas as his cover.

I missed my draft due to a wedding and ended up with a shitload of 1Bs -- Morneau, Youkilis, Howard and Goldschmidt. I want to unload Howard but no one wants to trade for him.

Phillies fans, is anyone confident he'll be good again? Texeira is available so I am considering dropping Howard and getting Tex and just stashing him on the DL for a month or however long he's out for. Morneau and Goldschmidt should be fine for my 1B needs with the other playing Utility. Youk is my 3B with Moustakas as his cover.

I dont Howard at all this year. He just swings at everything. In the spring he was waiting to get his pitch and then driving it, but he has shown no patience at all this year.

Syrinx

Mets begin a series with Miami tonight. Anything less than a sweep is probably unsatisfactory. Though evidently Aaron Laffey is going to pitch one of the games.

Parch

I want to see the Yankees crushed. On a daily basis. Baseball fans deserve this. I want to see them beaten so bad that MLB brings in a mercy rule.

Switch to the Mets, NY. They're worth supporting.

I want to see the Yankees crushed. On a daily basis. Baseball fans deserve this. I want to see them beaten so bad that MLB brings in a mercy rule.

I to want this. It really feels like this year is a reward for supporting baseball through all the terrible decisions that have been made.

BFIB

I want to see the Yankees/Red Sox crushed. On a daily basis. Baseball fans deserve this. I want to see them beaten so bad that MLB brings in a mercy rule.

Fixed for accuracy.

Malo

Banned
I to want this. It really feels like this year is a reward for supporting baseball through all the terrible decisions that have been made.

handwave1.gif

Yankees announce Derek Jeter will not return in April and May is his likely return timetable.
More time for Nunez to shine.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Really wish I could shit talk the Yankees but unfortunately the Rays are 1-2 as well and just got destroyed by Chris Davis.

Thankfully the Mets are 2-1 so fuck the Yankees. They suck.

Farrell returns to backstabbing Toronto tonight. Should be good.

Backstabbing? Wasn't Farrell the guy trying to engineer a move behind the scenes?

All the same, he was the most vanilla manager we've had that I can remember. There's almost nothing to say about his tenure here, at all.

Sanjuro

Backstabbing? Wasn't Farrell the guy trying to engineer a move behind the scenes?

All the same, he was the most vanilla manager we've had that I can remember. There's almost nothing to say about his tenure here, at all.

No, just false Toronto bravado. He probably came off as vanilla because your team was/is trash.

turnbuckle

Really wish I could shit talk the Yankees but unfortunately the Rays are 1-2 as well and just got destroyed by Chris Davis.

Thankfully the Mets are 2-1 so fuck the Yankees. They suck.

Really wish I could shit talk the Yankees and I can.

But I can also shit talk my Tigers; We're 1-2, got spanked by the Twins, and just re-signed Valverde.

Going to the game with my dad tomorrow thanks to the extremely generous gift from Beast786. I've taken my dad to half a dozen games now and the Tigers won every one of them. Looking to continue the streak :)

Farrell's time with Toronto will be nothing of note in the team's long history. His only real misstep was referring to the job with Boston as his "dream job." I think he rubbed a lot of people in Toronto the wrong way with that.

Should still be fun tonight. I'm going to enjoy the boos and hopefully Farrell will be long forgotten by the time the season is all said and done.

Sanjuro

It is just funny seeing a fan of a team that is much worse then the Bluejays call them trash. Especially in a year that they are going to be very good.

Look who is talking. You're telling me that the Blue Jays of the past two seasons were a force to be reckoned with? Do you even watch baseball?

Look who is talking. You're telling me that the Blue Jays of the past two seasons were a force to be reckoned with? Do you even watch baseball?

Who ever said anything about them being a force? No one said anything like that. You called them trash this year, which is laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom