• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valdespin to start in CF today. I like!! Like Keith, I wish he was playing everyday. The guy worked hard to improve and deserves time.

see5harp

Never said he was complete shit. He's not .362 hitter without BABIP extremely in his favor though. Getting hot for half a season means bupkis about his true talent.

The guy hit .271/.324/.361 as a Rockie and .362/.385/.473 as a Giant last year. Did he magically improve his hitting prowess that much by going from a team that plays in Coors to a team that plays in a solid pitcher's park?

It doesn't make much sense but he was put in a bunch of close run ballgames with good hitters surrounding him. Obviously I'm not expecting him to reproduce anything resembling .500 but you gotta imagine that even him at his worst doesn't like a 1 for 15 start.

It doesn't make much sense but he was put in a bunch of close run ballgames with good hitters surrounding him. Obviously I'm not expecting him to reproduce anything resembling .500 but you gotta imagine that even him at his worst doesn't like a 1 for 15 start.
hitters go thru cold streaks and hot streaks

news at 11

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
64083_441704259938_5084329_n.jpg

Isn't that what I said in my original post? That I wasn't worried because he's making contact? Ha ha. Giants win anyways.
Contact is his one plus skill. He's always had good contact numbers since his first few seasons in the majors. He doesn't always have a crazy high BABIP. I'm just saying his numbers as a Giant are wildly inflated by his BABIP as a Giant. Over a full season, you're more likely to see more of his cold streaks and not just his hot streaks like you did in the second half of 2012.

We never seem to do well in SF. At least Westbrook was decent enough to pitch into the 7th despite the walks.

calder

Farrell just tipped his hat to the booing crowd!

Cunt.

Lol at this point if he gave a Degeneration-X 'suck it' chop to the crowd he'd kind of win me over.

I totally get that he lied a bit and wasn't totally upfront with the fans or org but some Jays fans are still shockingly upset by it. I was basically over him the second after his first Bosox presser.

Nice, Reyes. Really liking how he looks so far (shocking I know).

see5harp

Contact is his one plus skill. He's always had good contact numbers since his first few seasons in the majors. He doesn't always have a crazy high BABIP. I'm just saying his numbers as a Giant are wildly inflated by his BABIP as a Giant. Over a full season, you're more likely to see more of his cold streaks and not just his hot streaks like you did in the second half of 2012.

We never seem to do well in SF. At least Westbrook was decent enough to pitch into the 7th despite the walks.

Hey I know there was a reason he languished in the minors for years, I'd just love to see him succeed. There's nothing wrong with a little optimism. I don't want him to turn into Aubrey Huff.

Hey I know there was a reason he languished in the minors for years, I'd just love to see him succeed. There's nothing wrong with a little optimism. I don't want him to turn into Aubrey Huff.
Nah, I get it. Same reason why I'm rooting hard for Kozma to work out as a major league SS despite his minor league numbers being total shit.

Malo

Banned
The return date is irrelevant really (I have a glut of 1B players so I can stash Tex on my bench). I just am curious if anyone thinks Howard will be worth keeping at all this season. He's off to a shitty start but so are plenty of good players. One Phillies fan mentioned he had a decent Spring Training but wasn't expecting much from him.
I don't think Howard is worth keeping all season, and yeah, keep Tex on the DL/bench.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
In his defense, that second HR, while would have been called a HR 100% of the time, was most definitely fan interference.

OHIO GAF, have you guys seen that awful Pete Rose commercial with his nude model wife? ugh.

No thankfully I haven't but I'm shooting pool during commercials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom