• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

aFIGurANT

I know it's not fair to judge based on appearance, but Molina looks like a thug. Looks like a mean dude.

youtube him and brandon phillips getting into it before the brawl two years back - I would expect any less a man to back down immediately.

Really want the cards to send this crowd home defeated this weekend, btw. People yelling to "hit him in the head" when Holliday comes up to bat seals the deal.

BFIB

youtube him and brandon phillips getting into it before the brawl two years back - I would expect any less a man to back down immediately.

Really want the cards to send this crowd home defeated this weekend, btw. People yelling to "hit him in the head" when Holliday comes up to bat seals the deal.

Nothing will erase that bitter taste of last year's NLCS. But a sweep would help.

bluemax

Banned
Chris Davis had a .794 wOBA on the season BEFORE that Grand Slam.

He's already at 0.8 WAR (before today) and was only 2.0 WAR all of last season. Damn.

Edit: Fangraphs just updated, Davis now has a .871 wOBA and .486 wRC+. Good lord.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Chris Davis had a .794 wOBA on the season BEFORE that Grand Slam.

He's already at 0.8 WAR (before today) and was only 2.0 WAR all of last season. Damn.

Edit: Fangraphs just updated, Davis now has a .871 wOBA and .486 wRC+. Good lord.

Wow that is just insane.

Blearth

Banned
Davis-Gonzalez-Change.gif

see5harp

It's always tougher to get hits when you're not BABIPing 60 points above your career average.

He was hot for nearly the entire 2nd half of the season though. I know it sucks to lose a series when a guy like Scutaro hits 500 and is stealing hits left and right but he ain't complete shit.

Fuck everything about this shitty fucking bullpen goddamn fuck you charlie and fuck you management

seriously WHY DO PEOPLE LIKE CHAD DURBIN STILL HAVE A JOB

He was hot for nearly the entire 2nd half of the season though. I know it sucks to lose a series when a guy like Scutaro hits 500 and is stealing hits left and right but he ain't complete shit.
Never said he was complete shit. He's not .362 hitter without BABIP extremely in his favor though. Getting hot for half a season means bupkis about his true talent.

The guy hit .271/.324/.361 as a Rockie and .362/.385/.473 as a Giant last year. Did he magically improve his hitting prowess that much by going from a team that plays in Coors to a team that plays in a solid pitcher's park?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom