• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
If Joe Sheehan ends up being right in his prediction that the Padres would win the NL West... His smugness will know no bounds.

MiKeD

Banned
I see Swisher finally did something offensively to help us win. Thank goodness for that.
Ubaldo needs to start pitching deeper into games, though.

Masterson-Tilman should be a good matchup tonight.

MiKeD

Banned
Matt Kemp got an SB in his rehab game, great sign. Surely the Puigmania thing over there must make him a liiiiiiiittle bit jealous, so I think we can expect him to do everything he can to reach his superstar level of play, I hope....

What fucking heart this team has :*D

And you get Gyorko back within a couple of days. Nice.

That's baseball. We just hope that they will bounce back tomorrow. I don't want them to go back below 500 before they face the Red Sox.

Seriously, I think today is the most important game of the streak. They day after the first loss.

Edit: Reyes returning for Wednesday in a game I can't watch because it's in the afternoon. Thanks baseball gods.

RBH

The Marlins have been aggressively working to move starting pitcher Ricky Nolasco as soon as possible, tweets ESPN's Buster Olney. So far the Orioles, Yankees, Diamondbacks, Padres, Rockies, and Giants have been connected to the righty, and the Marlins' aggressive approach was noted by Andy Martino of the New York Daily News yesterday. Moving Nolasco with over a month remaining until the July 31st trade deadline makes sense, because there's added value to a contender in having him for all of July.

Nolasco, 30, has a 3.68 ERA, 6.9 K/9, 2.2 BB/9, 0.81 HR/9, and 41.6% groundball rate in 100 1/3 innings this year, making him one of the better available starting pitchers. He has about $6MM remaining on his contract, after which he'll be a free agent.
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/06/marlins-working-to-trade-nolasco-as-soon-as-possible.html

Meier

Biggest bust of the season has to be Josh Hamilton, right? Of course he's one of my fantasy keepers too. :mad:

Been pretty impressed with this Paco Rodriguez kid. His K last night was filthy. Shame he had to go to UF..

Ryck

It aint bout the money baby, its bout the grission!!
Yup!!! Haven't seen a Padre squad with this much in a LONG time.

And you get Gyorko back within a couple of days. Nice.
Yeah so glad, hope he didn't get too cold sitting on the bench haha.

Yeah I can't see us winning a bidding war if that is what it comes down to.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Biggest bust of the season has to be Josh Hamilton, right? Of course he's one of my fantasy keepers too. :mad:
Josh Hamilton, Martin Prado, Elvis Andrus or B.J. Upton. Upton has turned it around in June though. The other Upton has as well, the wrong way though.

Talon

Kyle Davies story from a buddy. He grabbed lunch with their stats guy in the office (Management Consulting company) who used to work for Baseball Prospectus and Stats, Inc. in the 90s-2000s before and after the sale.

The Braves approached Baseball Prospectus about Kyle Davies. They wanted them to crunch numbers and see if anyone had ever been as bad through 200 innings and ended up having a successful career.

The answer was "no," and the Braves traded Kyle Davies the next week. This was before the Braves had an Analytics Division in the FO.

Fantastic.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Kyle Davies story from a buddy. He grabbed lunch with their stats guy in the office (Management Consulting company) who used to work for Baseball Prospectus and Stats, Inc. in the 90s-2000s before and after the sale.

The Braves approached Baseball Prospectus about Kyle Davies. They wanted them to crunch numbers and see if anyone had ever been as bad through 200 innings and ended up having a successful career.

The answer was "no," and the Braves traded Kyle Davies the next week. This was before the Braves had an Analytics Division in the FO.

Fantastic.
ha

Top Bottom