• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

SWING AND A MISS HE STRUCK HIM OUT! AND THE BALLGAME IS OVER!

Parnell Ks Hafner for the save, and the Mets beat the Yankees 3-1! They win their 5th in a row, they sweep the 2 game series in the Bronx, and they sweep the Yankees in the Subway Series! Gee with a masterful performance against the "varsity" Yankees lineup, Byrd hits another HR to pace the Mets.

sweep.gif

SWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP

thank you Frank, I saw the game.

Don't take this away from us. We have nothing else.

couldn't they at least have scored 10 runs tonight if they were going to win?!

yankees suck

well atlanta's .140 or whatever players hit for power...except for BJ.

No u.

Link

The Autumn Wind
At least the Mets put some good distance between themselves and the Marlins this week. I know we're not that bad.

McNei1y

Atlanta has like 3 guys in the lineup most nights that are hitting around there and the Braves are in first place~

True, but you also have a few guys batting above .280. We had one guy batting above .280 in our lineup tonight. And our below .160 hitters can't touch the ball (aside from Bernadina's two homers this week).

Just got home. Did Matheny really use Boggs in the ninth of a one-run game? Did everyone else in the bullpen die? Oh, I guess Victor fucking Marte had to join the fun too.

Schafer, Freeman, J.Upton, Gattis, and C.Johnson are all doing a great job offsetting the scrubness of Uggla, B.Upton, and Heyward.

That was quite possibly THE most idiotic play I've ever seen from Belisario.

God I hope we get rid of this bum. I don't care if we traded him for a bag of peanuts.

mohuerta

Another W turned into an L for trying to "help a struggling reliever regain his confidence". Oh well. Time to get some sleep. Hopefully these throw away games don't cost them at the end of the season.

bozeman

You want to see some outrage, scroll down to a week ago when Busch Stadium hosted a special Manchester United vs Chesea game, or a "gay pride festival" as the Best Fans in Baseball called it over and over again.

You know St. Louis sold that game out in less than 20 minutes, right? Can we use shitty trash to define the fan base of every team?

Now, as for Mitchell fucking Boggs. If I was Mo, I would have called down to the dugout while Marte was warming up and told them to send him to the locker room and to pack his shit. I'd remove him from the 40 man and get him on waivers as soon as I possibly could. If he's claimed, oh well. If he isn't, he's outrighted to AA and I don't want to see one report on him for the rest of the season. I give instructions to the manager there to use him in whatever situation he sees fit and then forget him because he won't be on my major league club for the rest of the season. If I've got to make a major trade towards the deadline and the other team is demanding a couple of the awesome prospects I've got stocked, I also request that they take him from us, too.

If for some reason he makes it to the end of the season in the organization, I then request a report on him down in AA and use that as a measure of whether or not he gets an invite to Major League spring training or non-tendered in the off season.

He's done.

Now, as for Mitchell fucking Boggs. If I was Mo, I would have called down to the dugout while Marte was warming up and told them to send him to the locker room and to pack his shit. I'd remove him from the 40 man and get him on waivers as soon as I possibly could. If he's claimed, oh well. If he isn't, he's outrighted to AA and I don't want to see one report on him for the rest of the season. I give instructions to the manager there to use him in whatever situation he sees fit and then forget him because he won't be on my major league club for the rest of the season. If I've got to make a major trade towards the deadline and the other team is demanding a couple of the awesome prospects I've got stocked, I also request that they take him from us, too.

If for some reason he makes it to the end of the season in the organization, I then request a report on him down in AA and use that as a measure of whether or not he gets an invite to Major League spring training or non-tendered in the off season.

He's done.
I can't hate Boggs for forgetting how to pitch. The guy probably feels awful. I blame Mozeliak for putting Boggs back on the 25 man roster. I blame Matheny for using him in such a tight spot.

For all the shit given to Boggs, Marte fucked up just as much if not moreso tonight. I mean, a HBP, a fielding error, and double is just as bad as the HR and walk.

bozeman

I can't hate Boggs for forgetting how to pitch. The guy probably feels awful. I blame Mozeliak for putting Boggs back on the 25 man roster. I blame Matheny for using him in such a tight spot.

For all the shit given to Boggs, Marte fucked up just as much if not moreso tonight. I mean, a HBP, a fielding error, and double is just as bad as the HR and walk.

I'd rather Marte been given the 9th to start. He's been really good in AAA and had gotten some saves. The error wasn't totally his fault and the double would have been a ground out to 1st had the infield not been in.

(Not that I'm high on Marte. I thought he should have been the one removed from the 40 man and put through waivers instead of Sanchez. The reason being, with the problems our bullpen has had, if he wasn't brought up yet then they must not have had much confidence in him.)

You want to see some outrage, scroll down to a week ago when Busch Stadium hosted a special Manchester United vs Chesea game, or a "gay pride festival" as the Best Fans in Baseball called it over and over again.

There was a teenage girl who said something like "why is the baseball stadium full of soccer faggots today?". I clicked to her Twitter and it was full of Bible quote retweets. I was shocked.

Talon

There was a teenage girl who said something like "why is the baseball stadium full of soccer faggots today?". I clicked to her Twitter and it was full of Bible quote retweets. I was shocked.
I'm embarrassed by how often I hear that word in public every time I venture back to the south.

I'd rather Marte been given the 9th to start. He's been really good in AAA and had gotten some saves. The error wasn't totally his fault and the double would have been a ground out to 1st had the infield not been in.

(Not that I'm high on Marte. I thought he should have been the one removed from the 40 man and put through waivers instead of Sanchez. The reason being, with the problems our bullpen has had, if he wasn't brought up yet then they must not have had much confidence in him.)
Oh, Matheny should've definitely went with Marte before Boggs. Marte isn't a good pitcher by any means but he hasn't shown a recent track record of sucking horribly like Boggs has.

I fail to see why he didn't just stick with Maness. He threw a total of 5 pitches tonight and only 14 last night. He's probably the best option out of Maness/Kelly/Marte/Boggs. And this is assuming Rosenthal wasn't available for w/e reason.

bozeman

Oh, Matheny should've definitely went with Marte before Boggs. Marte isn't a good pitcher by any means but he hasn't shown a recent track record of sucking horribly like Boggs has.

I fail to see why he didn't just stick with Maness. He threw a total of 5 pitches tonight and only 14 last night. He's probably the best option out of Maness/Kelly/Marte/Boggs. And this is assuming Rosenthal wasn't available for w/e reason.

I was in a bar so the sound wasn't on, but as far as I know Rosenthal was available. My brother's Yahoo sports fantasy tracker thing even said to start Rosenthal since he was the default closer with Chief getting the night off.

Cards optioned Michael Blazek to AAA to make room for Wacha today. Hopefully he didn't get all the way to Memphis before getting a call to make a U-turn and head on back.

Top Bottom