• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

I dont think there are many Phillies fans in Pittsburgh. That side of the state has a bit of a rivalry with the East side. Plus the Pirates used to be really successful and people in PA arnt the type to have 2 teams or just jump ship when things dont go well. You never see any Steelers fans in Philly, even though the Steelers are one of the top franchises in the NFL.

Yeah, well, KC has a rivalry with STL too, but there are a lot of weenies (lol) who didn't want to sit through 30 bad years with the Royals, I guess, and became Cards fans.

Those who stayed through the rain delay are truly hardcore but I guess bandwagon fans are few and far between in KC.

Well... like I say, bandwagon Royals fans are few, for obvious reasons, but there are plenty of bandwagon fans in KC, they just wear red (or pinstripes).

Oh, and... I forgot to use this last night, and I won't get to again until next year, so:

IMG_0199.jpg

haha

Enron

Banned
Red-hot Indian Michael Brantley, who ranks No. 13 among outfielders in overall worth the past 30 days, combined rest of season runs/RBIs 99.5

Brad – OVER. Brantley is the sexy librarian of the fantasy baseball world. Remove the hairpin, take off the glasses and unbutton the blouse, and he's quite attractive.

I...what.....

Well... like I say, bandwagon Royals fans are few, for obvious reasons, but there are plenty of bandwagon fans in KC, they just wear red (or pinstripes).

Oh, and... I forgot to use this last night, and I won't get to again until next year, so:

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt321/swillhound_photo/IMG_0199.jpg[IMG]

haha[/QUOTE]
I meant to type Royals but typing KC was faster on my phone. :p

Cute pic.

Mets are having as Ask The Booth segment tonight. Sent in a question via Metsblog.com:
Name: The Frankman (NeoGAF MLB Off-Topic Forums)
Question: Do you think if Ike Davis and Ruben Tejada are sent down it'll be a prolonged demotion (at least a month) based on them finding their stroke in AAA-Las Vegas, or will they base it on the play of their replacements? For the good of both players I think a demotion based on their play/working out the kinks in a low-pressure environment is the way to go, what do you think Gary/Keith/Ron?

sangreal

Kim Jones 2 on players swinging at everything to end the Royals game: You can't blame them after hanging around all night, 8 hours is a long day at the office

No it isn't. That's a normal day "at the office". I do realize ball players show up earlier, but I'm bitter about having to work all night tonight and thought that was a pretty stupid comment.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Kim Jones 2 on players swinging at everything to end the Royals game: You can't blame them after hanging around all night, 8 hours is a long day at the office

No it isn't. That's a normal day "at the office". I do realize ball players show up earlier, but I'm bitter about having to work all night tonight and thought that was a pretty stupid comment.
Well, you also don't have to catch a flight to Texas and check in to the hotel right after your shift is over, either.

Syrinx

Is what Gary Cohen just said about Marlins Park accurate? No public transportation and only 5,000 parking spots? Fucking lol.

Well, you also don't have to catch a flight to Texas and check in to the hotel right after your shift is over, either.

Did he mean the Cardinals in the bottom of the inning, though? Because only two more Royals played after action resumed, one GIDP'd and the second popped out. I bet he meant the three Cards batters who went down in order.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Did he mean the Cardinals in the bottom of the inning, though? Because only two more Royals played after action resumed, one GIDP'd and the second popped out. I bet he meant the three Cards batters who went down in order.
Maybe. He said "the Royals game," so that's where my mind went. The Cards definitely have no excuse. They were staying in St. Louis.

jakncoke

Banned
Giving up a lot of super long fly balls, some these going to start being homers..

edit; welp hate to be fucking right

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
is strasburg out of the game? he doesn't look too happy standing in the dugout.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
What's up with Strasburg, just tuned in.
no idea. he has been standing up the whole inning in the dugout talking to the catcher and pitching coach. Looks pissed too. Don't think anyone is warming up though.

edit: davey looks like he was about to make a lineup change before the commercial break.

Top Bottom