• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
http://mlb.mlb.com/cutfour/index.jsp#contentId=51706312

RaiYn12.png

Zny2Lvr.jpg

Syrinx

Heading to Citi Field tonight. Cohen said Harvey's pitching, even though I thought it was Gee's turn in the rotation. But hey, I ain't complaining! Very excited.

Edit: okay, thunderstorms in NY today. Ugh. Crossing my fingers.

Yovani Gallardo's no-trade list:

-- Angels
-- Astros
-- Blue Jays
-- Indians
-- Orioles
-- Phillies
-- Pirates
-- Red Sox
-- Tigers
-- Yankees

Kawasaki Returns!

...because, for some reason, the Jays desperately need 7 infielders. Not sure why they didn't just bring up Sierra or Gose. I can't imagine they'd be any worse against RHP than Davis will be. Though on the upside, Kawasaki is far better than Bonifacio, so at least there's that.

Ruben Tejada has been on the DL since May 30 with a strained right quadriceps.
In that time, Omar Quintanilla is batting .235 with a .280 OBP, two home runs, nine RBI and 19 strike outs in 85 at bats. However, he has played very well in the field.

“Based on what we’re seeing right now, Ruben has got to go earn it back,” Terry Collins said Thursday afternoon. “He’s got to go play. He’s got to go get his game together. He’s got to get himself in good, really top shape. We know he can. But there’s no reason why we’re going to take [Quintanilla] out of the lineup unless it’s fatigue. He’s played very, very well offensively and defensively.’

Tejada is expected to begin a rehab assignment this weekend with Single-A St. Lucie, after which he’ll likely spend time with Triple-A Las Vegas.

“We sent him out for a reason. He wasn’t playing well,” Collins added.
Thank God. Ruben gonna sit in AAA for awhile.

also

photo6.jpg

Upton's salary - $9.75 million
Byrd's salary - $700,000

sangreal

Yovani Gallardo's no-trade list:

-- Angels
-- Astros
-- Blue Jays
-- Indians
-- Orioles
-- Phillies
-- Pirates
-- Red Sox
-- Tigers
-- Yankees

Pretty typical list. The big names are on there so he can extort concessions from them, and the Astros are on there because nobody wants to play for the Astros

rekameohs

Banned
I am thankful the M's did not give up Nick Franklin, Taijuan Walker/Danny Hultzen, Stephen Pryor and Charlie Furbush for him.

;^(

In reality, I'm fine with how the trade turned out. It doesn't really seem like either side has really experienced a huge change in production tbh. And Prado started the blowdart thing and that's hilarious so he's coo'.

Macattk15

What are you guys gonna do with Ackley now? You think he can play CF well enough to stick around?

Who knows?

It looked like his stint in AAA really helped. At least while he was down there.

I've heard from scouts / people who watched him play down there ... that his swing / stance / approach went back to how it was when he was in college.

We'll see if that helps him back at the MLB level. If he can stick in CF ... he still has pretty good value if he turns his hitting around. He DID play CF in college a bit ... so it's not foreign to him and he is also pretty swift.

I hope he pans out ... cause Smoak / Montero / Saunders has really spoiled my mood on the young people in the M's system.

He is NEVER going to be a slugger, but he should be a gap power OBP guy.

Top Bottom