• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
one of the recently uncovered Biogenesis docs:

BDLMC9OCYAAf-eC.jpg

credit: oldhossradbourn

Braun's rep will go into the toilet like Raphi Palmero. Sat there and bold faced lied on camera, and also smeared the rep of the guy who collected his piss.

Talon

Oreo's Celery
Braun's rep will go into the toilet like Raphi Palmero. Sat there and bold faced lied on camera, and also smeared the rep of the guy who collected his piss.
Braun himself threw the tester under the bus in that absurd ballpark grandstand last year. Jesus that was awful.

Melky and Colon got caught and proceeded to play like shit didn't happen. Colon even made an all star appearance. I guarantee you that he'll beast next year and make the all star team like nothing happened.

Melky and Colon got caught and proceeded to play like shit didn't happen. Colon even made an all star appearance. I guarantee you that he'll beast next year and make the all star team like nothing happened.

I think it is easier for those guys because they aren't stars. Braun is one of the best young players in the league. He is the kind of player who will be up for awards, recognition, endorsements, counting stats records, and potentially even HoF as his career goes on, and every time one of those things comes up so will PEDS.

now he can drop off that MVP trophy at Matt Kemp's house

He can drop off some PEDs while he's at it so Kemp's ass can stay on the field.

Talon

Time for some hilarious quotes from the past!
"If I had done this intentionally or unintentionally, I'd be the first one to step up and say, 'I did it,'" said an emotional Braun. "By no means am I perfect, but if I've ever made any mistakes in my life I've taken responsibility for my actions. I truly believe in my heart and I would bet my life that this substance never entered my body at any point."

"I've always stood up for what is right. Today is about everybody who's been wrongly accused, and everybody who has had to stand up for what is actually right. Today isn't about me; it isn't about one player. It's about all players."
What a god damn patriot.

I think it is easier for those guys because they aren't stars. Braun is one of the best young players in the league. He is the kind of player who will be up for awards, recognition, endorsements, counting stats records, and potentially even HoF as his career goes on, and every time one of those things comes up so will PEDS.

He can drop off some PEDs while he's at it so Kemp's ass can stay on the field.

Who gives a shit? He'll continue to rake and make money. HOF? Oh well. Players have done much worst and still have been able to come back and make money. This is America, the all mighty dollar is put ahead of everything. Kobe caught a rape charge and after a few years he's more popular than ever.

Agree with you ninja. Guys like Cabrera and Colon are not stars, and more willing to take the risk. They could care less about rep and the HOF.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
And that's because the BBWA is largely made up of idiots. I couldn't give less of a shit.

Who gives a shit? He'll continue to rake and make money. HOF? Oh well. Players have done much worst and still have been able to come back and make money. This is America, the all mighty dollar is put ahead of everything. Kobe caught a rape charge and after a few years he's more popular than ever.

People give a shit. Baseball writers have this irrational hate of everything PED. They won't let go. It will become the narrative of Braun's career like it has wiht ARod and Bonds. Don't get me wrong, I'm the last person to bash guys for PED use, but it will matter. The fact that he didn't just use PEDs, but then proceeded to pull a Lance Armstrong/Rafael Palmiero doesn't bode well for him.

Malvingt2

Jeff Passan‏@JeffPassan
Braun suspension of 65 games sets a baseline for coming A-Rod suspension. And one source expects A-Rod's to be even longer.

WOW

Talon

I think if they could they would have initiated it a year or two ago. A-Rod's contract has been terrible since he signed it and A-Rod has been a known user for a few years.
Well, the timeframe he admitted to using was pre-2003, so it wouldn't really matter as he wasn't a Yankee yet.

otapnam

they both got suspended and paid their dues already. Braun tried to get out of it and A-rod got busted again. Somewhat different cases

BFIB

At this point, IMO when a player is busted after numerous failed tests, they should have their monetary value dropped to the league minimum salary for the remainder of the contract. These players are never going to learn until it hits them where it hurts: their wallet.

Kudos to the MLBPA for not standing in the way here.

Top Bottom