• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

At this point, IMO when a player is busted after numerous failed tests, they should have their monetary value dropped to the league minimum salary for the remainder of the contract. These players are never going to learn until it hits them where it hurts: their wallet.

Kudos to the MLBPA for not standing in the way here.

Braun just lost $4 million. His wallet has been hit.

I realize now that I have made some mistakes?

what the fuck? hahhahahahha

His statement is a perfect example of hubristic fuckwittery.

This is really one of those times when his publicist should have forced him to simply say "I accept the league's punishment, and I apologize to my fans."

Was listening to the latest BS Report with Jonah Keri and Simmons brought up Chris Davis and the possibility of PEDs and Keri was like "I don't think so Davis has always had power...he's just naturally big...he's always been strong!" and I was just thinking to myself that you could say the exact same things about Mark McGwire. People still have their head in the sand about this stuff.

sangreal

they both got suspended and paid their dues already. Braun tried to get out of it and A-rod got busted again. Somewhat different cases

A-Rod was never busted, he came clean when the MLB leaked his name to the press after the "anonymous and confidential" voluntary tests

BFIB

Pretty sure A-Rod is on the phone right now to MLB stating he'll take the same punishment Braun just received.

It would be a huge slap in the face to fire Davey in his last season but I still think it should be done. It's about damn time for this Eckstein firing, though. The guy should've been gone years ago.

Davey said if they fire Eckstein then they should fire him about a month ago.

I mean I wouldn't even fire Davey. For what? Our hitters are trash. Id like to move some big names by the deadline.

jakncoke

Banned
lol fuck suspensions, just let any do everything. if you a little nerd bitch about stats just seperate eras, we've already had several different eras in basball history anyways, whats one more

Screw off heathen, how dare you. Make puns or shut up!!!

Seriously, wanna fight?

OrtizYankees.jpg

BFIB

The fact that he kept using sort of says a lot about how seriously the players take testing.

The first suspension that he should have served was due to a failed test. This was due to him being linked in BioGenesis. its possible they could have overlapped with each other.

Or he just continued to use, which is probably more accurate.

exarkun

A-Rod better keep taking the Yankees money. Unfair to get rid of that contract because of something both parties were aware of when it was made.

Braun is lol.

Top Bottom