• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

982f1bcabcbafd75ac68923b4c207d8c_large

Blue Jays entire season has been a shot in the balls.

When the play actually happened I though Reyes had seriously fucked up his ribs.

Mets OF Juan Lagares has been named National League Player of the Week for the period ending July 21.

Lagares went 2-for-3 with a three-run home run against the Phillies on Sunday.

He was 7-for-10 during the three-game series, during which he collected three extra base hits and drove in five runs.

In 11 games this month, he is batting .412 (14-for-34) with nine RBI

Lagares credits his new new-found success at the plate to watching game video.

“I go home and watch the video and try to find out what I’ve been doing bad,” Lagares said Sunday, according to the Star-Ledger.

He is batting .320 with 12 extra-base hits, 12 runs scored and 14 RBI since June 1.
If this guy can just have an OBP of .350 he would be a find.

eznark

Banned
If this guy can just have an OBP of .350 he would be a find.

In 444 plate appearances in 2010, he drew a grand total of nine walks. His 26 in 2011 still stinks, but it almost qualifies as a transformation for Legares, who, more importantly, by just becoming a bit more selective, turned into a dangerous hitter.

It's pretty cool to see a guy actually teach himself selectivity. It's so rare.

I hope The Rangers didn't give up anything significant for a Garza rental. The same way it burned The Angels seeing Segura becoming an all star in his first year is the same way that it's going to burn The Royals when they see Will Meyers mashing 25 HRs for The Rays for virtually nothing.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Heyward is back in the lineup and playing CF, Paul Maholm has been put on the DL and Alex Wood will be taking his spot in the rotation.

Great day.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Well the Cubs were able to get more value out of Garza three months before FA than Bill Smith was able to get for him while he was still pre-arb. Cool.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
MLB
"I realize now that I have made some mistakes. I am willing to accept the consequences of those actions." - Ryan Braun.

I can't believe Braun was lying through his teeth. I CANT BELIEVE IT.

Top Bottom