• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

jbug617

Banned
Middlebrooks not in the trade.

Detroit P Brayan Villarreal might be in the trade according to Carfado and he would be going to Boston.

I have to see what Sox prospects get traded.

Syrinx

So now that Detroit has traded two OF prospects and has acquired Jose Veras, there seems to be little to no chance the Mets can squeeze anybody from them for Parnell. *sigh* I wouldn't be surprised to see the Mets just hold onto him. Anything can change, but it looks like the Mets will not be very active at the deadline. Shame.

jbug617

Banned
Carfado says on the Red Sox end it's Iglesias and 3 prospects.

edit: Heyman says the Red Sox prospects traded are on the lower level.

Spier says that 2B Cleuluis Rondon of Lowell is in the deal

Dodgers got Brian Wilson? Lmao
It's a good low risk, high reward move. He's only signed through this year for $1 mil plus some incentives based on performance. He'll be working on his stuff in Arizona then sent to Rancho. We'll see how it goes.

At the very least we'll see less Marmol.

Sanjuro

Any word on whether the Red Sox are still pursuing Michael Young, or are they planning to promote Middlebrooks?

Sounds like he only wants to go back to Texas.

Middlebrooks is the obvious choice to come back to the show. Snyder may be getting some serious playing time for the moment...which isn't a bad thing possibly.

JABEE

I don't know what the Phillies are going to do now. I can't imagine Michael Young will get much in return. For an objectively bad team to go into next season with a roster that is for the most part unchanged from last year would be a huge disappointment. The Phillies need prospects. They are going to be stuck with Rollins, Utley, Howard, and Lee until they're so old that they aren't starters anymore. Howard was already reaching that point this year before he had his knee-scoped.

I hope the Phillies have a real plan to turn this team around next year. One that involves bringing in high quality veteran and young talent. Another year of going all-in and praying for Rollins, Utley, and Howard to play like it's 2007 is not going to work. It's going to hurt the Phillies.

The Phillies are going to keep Amaro too and axe Charlie, because the Phillies ownership have known Amaro since he was a little kid. They treat him like he's a family member. The Phillies are too loyal. :(

Link

The Autumn Wind
Ron Washington is proof that being an idiot and doing cocaine somehow pays off.
George-W-Bush.jpg

Must be a Rangers thing.

ToxicAdam

I don't know what the Phillies are going to do now. I can't imagine Michael Young will get much in return. For an objectively bad team to go into next season with a roster that is for the most part unchanged from last year would be a huge disappointment. The Phillies need prospects. They are going to be stuck with Rollins, Utley, Howard, and Lee until they're so old that they aren't starters anymore. Howard was already reaching that point this year before he had his knee-scoped.

I hope the Phillies have a real plan to turn this team around next year. One that involves bringing in high quality veteran and young talent. Another year of going all-in and praying for Rollins, Utley, and Howard to play like it's 2007 is not going to work. It's going to hurt the Phillies.

Prospects are great, but they often take a lot longer to come around than fans are patient for.

For example, the Phillies had one of the best farm systems for pitching in 2009. Carrasco, Happ and Drabek. Four years later, none have really panned out.

Plus, things are different now. It used to be that the best deals happened at the deadline, but now GM's are getting good deals at the Winter meetings because there are more teams involved with increased pressure to make a big off-season splash.

The Phillies probably should axe Charlie, though. Time for a new voice in that dugout.

A few additional stats to put in perspective what a big deal this is to Royals fans:

@pgrathoff: said:
Latest point #Royals have been above .500 in Dayton Moore era (full season):
07: 1-0
08: 9-8
09: 21-20
10: N/A
11: 20-19
12: 3-2
13: 52-51

@mellinger: said:
#Royals will be 52-51. Their last 10 records when waking up July 31: 41-60, 45-62, 43-60, 40-61, 50-59, 47-58, 37-67, 38-66, 35-66, 57-49.

Ten years ago in 2003, the Royals had a weird, flukey season where they finished with a winning record. The last time before that where they had a winning record on July 31 or later? 1995.

cashman

Banned
lol this game is hilarious

A few additional stats to put in perspective what a big deal this is to Royals fans:

Ten years ago in 2003, the Royals had a weird, flukey season where they finished with a winning record. The last time before that where they had a winning record on July 31 or later? 1995.

Congrats on the mediocrity

Hey, I get that there are a lot of MLB fanbases that would jump off a cliff if they woke up tomorrow and realized their team had this kind of legacy, but I guarantee that half KC will be wearing Royals gear tomorrow. If they finish above 500, they'll be buzzing about the Royals all winter. The year we finally make the playoffs for the first time in 30 years, this town will come unglued.

dmag1223

I wonder how we're going to lose tonight in heartbreaking fashion.

Edit: Phillips' OPS is about to drop below .700. Our cleanup hitter.

JABEE

Prospects are great, but they often take a lot longer to come around than fans are patient for.

For example, the Phillies had one of the best farm systems for pitching in 2009. Carrasco, Happ and Drabek. Four years later, none have really panned out.

Plus, things are different now. It used to be that the best deals happened at the deadline, but now GM's are getting good deals at the Winter meetings because there are more teams involved with increased pressure to make a big off-season splash.

The Phillies probably should axe Charlie, though. Time for a new voice in that dugout.
I agree. They should axe Amaro as well. He brought in Delmon Young to play everyday left field. He gave Papelbon that contract. He gave Howard the contract he has.

zulux21

im reading
#RedSox send minor leaguers Wendelken, Montas & Rondon to White Sox; OF Avisail Garcia goes from Tigers to Red Sox to White Sox.

so yeah seems like garcia is the only real prospect the white sox got for peavy, I'm guessing then that boston isn't getting a penny from the white sox and will just be eating peavy's contract.

Syrinx

im reading

so yeah seems like garcia is the only real prospect the white sox got for peavy, I'm guessing then that boston isn't getting a penny from the white sox and will just be eating peavy's contract.

That's quite a far cry from what they were reportedly asking Oakland for lol.

Hey, I get that there are a lot of MLB fanbases that would jump off a cliff if they woke up tomorrow and realized their team had this kind of legacy, but I guarantee that half KC will be wearing Royals gear tomorrow. If they finish above 500, they'll be buzzing about the Royals all winter. The year we finally make the playoffs for the first time in 30 years, this town will come unglued.

We know that feeling. Sure, we had those fantastic Tribe teams of the mid 90's all the way to early 00's. Then our "fluke" season in 07 where we probably would have beat the Rockies in the World Series, if not for the Red Sox coming back down 3-1.

Basically what I'm getting at, is yeah these long streaks are bullshit, but hey, at least your baseball team has won a World Series in the last 30 years. One of my grandparents wasn't even alive the last time the Indians won theirs in 1948. :(

Top Bottom