• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

rando14

Jake Peavy is officially a member of the Red Sox. Jose Iglesias believed to be going to the White Sox.

freshprince-ooh.gif

jbug617

Banned
I like Jose Iglesias. His glove is very special.

Sort of a confirmation that Jose is in trade.

@Sean_McAdam Worth noting: Iglesias, taken out of game, had left the clubhouse by the time reporters entered. #redsoxtalk

zulux21

tigers are part of the peavy trade, things just got more interesting
9:46pm: It's a three-team deal involving the Tigers as well, according to Alex Speier of WEEI.com. Iglesias is indeed in the trade, while Jackie Bradley Jr. is not.

so Iglesias could be going to either team

from the comments on mlbtraderumors
Iglesias to Detroit they say. Not Chicago.

zulux21

So, we got Jake Peavy for nothing?

Awesome.

details are still coming in....
it's now being said that Iglesias is also going to the white sox per Gordon Edes(instead of detroit as originally thought) as well as Avisail Garcia....

so yeah.... wait until the dust settles and we get a full picture, no way the white sox just got one ok prospect for peavy

Sanjuro

I liked Iglesias. However, it was coming very clear that he has a future of a utility infielder. Could be wrong, but he was the easiest of the MLB ready players to subtract.

I'm still not thrilled about Jake Fucking Peavy, but for that price I guess it could be worse.

JCizzle

I liked Iglesias. However, it was coming very clear that he has a future of a utility infielder. Could be wrong, but he was the easiest of the MLB ready players to subtract.

I'm still not thrilled about Jake Fucking Peavy, but for that price I guess it could be worse.

Yep, brilliant glove, but I don't think he'll ever hit. It looks like the Sox also gave up someone else... fingers crossed Ben didn't give up a young arm for this guy.

jbug617

Banned
Is Bogaerts being called up?

I don't think so. I think maybe another run at Michael Young or Middlebrooks is coming up.

Gordon Edes on what the trade is looking like.
@GordonEdes Iglesias to Tigers, 2 or 3 lesser prospects to White Sox, Det OF Avisal Garcia to White Sox, pitcher from Det also coming to Boston

The prospects are probably coming from Boston.

Top Bottom