• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

mr_met_broomjpg.jpg

dat 2 game sweep.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty sure Dick Bremer just had an orgasm because of Dozier's stop at second there.

I almost did because this horrible fucking game is almost over.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Segura is ridiculous. Too bad we lost, but thanks Angels!
This is hilarious to me. I'm glad he's going nuts for anyone but Scoscia. I'm honestly happy Gomez is playing to his potential for you all, I love that kid. I was smiling like an idiot when he tipped his cap to Hicks after he robbed him of that homer.

You guys have pretty good pitching/defense - just need some offense. Trading Myers as an "all-in" move is looking worse and worse.

Yeah. It was just one of those gambles... there was no way to foresee that the entire offense would completely fall asleep in the month of May. It's crazy that they went 17-10 in April, then 7-18 in May.

I really don't get why, for all these years, things are so bad. Our prospects turn out to be busts. Two years ago, Eric Hosmer, Mike Trout and Bryce Harper were all at the top of the various prospect rankings. Why is it always our guy who turns out to be the bust? Dayton Moore has only been around since 2006. This fucked-upness has been going on for three decades, four GMs and two owners. I don't know if it's coaching, scouting, a radon leak under the K, or what.

20130529-080747.jpg

Ike may not be the only guy to go down soon:
The Mets have discussed sending Ruben Tejada to Triple-A, a high-ranking team source told Andy Martino of the Daily News.

However, the source said, “If we call up Omar Quintanilla, we can’t send him back down,” because the Mets would be dangerously thin on organizational shortstop depth if he’s later claimed off waivers.

Tejada is batting .209 with just 10 doubles and 14 walks in 49 games.

Meanwhile, Quintanilla is batting .328 with a .415 OBP in 125 at bats this year for Triple-A Las Vegas.
Apparently one of the reasons Omar isn't up here is he's out of options; if the Mets try to send him down he'll have to pass through waivers. Personally that sounds dumb, just don't send him down once he comes up.

rekameohs

Banned
I have no idea what the purpose for the double header yesterday was.
Last year, MLB realized that the Dbacks had too many games scheduled together and so that forced a doubleheader. It did very well financially (and since it was against the Marlins, that's actually fairly impressive). The team requested another doubleheader on Memorial Day this year.

going 4-0 in those games is pretty nice

Opiate

Last year, MLB realized that the Dbacks had too many games scheduled together and so that forced a doubleheader. It did very well financially (and since it was against the Marlins, that's actually fairly impressive). The team requested another doubleheader on Memorial Day this year.

going 4-0 in those games is pretty nice

I actually would not mind to see this started as a tradition. The best traditions are, after all, started almost randomly.

D-Backs double header on Memorial day.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah. It was just one of those gambles... there was no way to foresee that the entire offense would completely fall asleep in the month of May. It's crazy that they went 17-10 in April, then 7-18 in May.

I really don't get why, for all these years, things are so bad. Our prospects turn out to be busts. Two years ago, Eric Hosmer, Mike Trout and Bryce Harper were all at the top of the various prospect rankings. Why is it always our guy who turns out to be the bust? Dayton Moore has only been around since 2006. This fucked-upness has been going on for three decades, four GMs and two owners. I don't know if it's coaching, scouting, a radon leak under the K, or what.
It's not like Meyers is exactly lighting up AAA for the Rays, either. But yeah, it sucks. As the only other team in the Central who isn't the White Sox or Tigers and doesn't have a racist logo, I'd like KC to be good. Hopefully KC and the Twins will be jockeying for the division in 2015 while the other teams are all terrible. One can hope anyway.

Macattk15

Trust me.

It's not always just YOUR guy who busts.

Some guys just take longer. So many people were saying that Dom Brown was a bust and would never amount to anything, and he is having a really solid year. I wouldnt be surprised at all to see Hosmer turn it around. I really wish the Phils hadnt played the Royals early on when you guys were tearing it up.

Top Bottom