• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT2| - Revenge of the Umpires

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I'm watching the Twins in the fucking 13th inning against the Astros.

I'm also struggling to write a Sociology paper and the associated labs, and I've got 90 minutes of sleep in the last 38 hours. I can't go to bed until this is done. I really want to be done with this shit.

I'm not sure which of these two items is the worse one.

Ryck

Sigh I know Yonder looks up to Adrian and all but damn, coulda sworn I saw Adrian do the exact same thing on Wednesday night.

Someone said there was a dodgers fan doing the robot right after Ryu scored. Let's a hope a gif shows up.
I found it. Somebody needs to gif him. It's that closeup when he's heading into the dugout.

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=29355217&topic_id=8878728

Uribe.gif

Oxx

McCann has been pretty good.

coool. what drew you to the game?

The Braves were on TV every night when I was on vacation in Florida.

It could have been a lot worse. What if the people in the sports store had convinced me to be a Marlins fan while I was buying a Maddux jersey?

jakncoke

Banned
So I doubt people are watching on account of the teams having a combined 130 losses so far this season, but this Astros/Twins game is a shit show.

- It's now 3:40 in the game, we're in the bottom of 10.
- Gardenhire gave up his DH to keep Doug Bernier in the game after using him as a pinch runner.
- With the go ahead run on 2nd the Astros just intentionally walked Doug Bernier to face the nearly as bad Clete Thomas.
- Klete predictably strikes out, so the Twins will have the pitchers' spot leading off the bottom of 11.

Holy shit.

For the record: Bernier is a 33 year old AAA guy who, before playing 8 games for the Twins so far this year, last played major league ball in 2008. When he played in 2 games for the Rockies. Jesus Christ this team is bad.

Career .241 hitter in the minors as well ha! How does this guy still get minor league deals, let alone brought up to a MLB team at this point. :me

lol Stephen A. Smith says he talked to A-Rod's people yesterday, that they pretty much accused the Yankees and MLB of colluding on this suspension, and that they will take MLB to federal court over any suspension. LOL This gonna be good.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
lol Stephen A. Smith says he talked to A-Rod's people yesterday, that they pretty much accused the Yankees and MLB of colluding on this suspension, and that they will take MLB to federal court over any suspension. LOL This gonna be good.
Well, they're probably right too.

Seriously, Mets have to look to package Hef in a deal before his bubble completely bursts. I think they could've fooled a team into giving up a B prospect if they tried to trade him at the deadline. When Hefner was pitching great before the ASB, his fastball was hitting 92-93 mph. Since the ASB, his fastball is back to the 89-90 mph range and he is getting pummeled.
ecnal where you been, been hiding in The Show thread? :p
eck only roots for winners. Padres are under .500, aint anybody got time for that!

Shit's pretty funny. Yankees need to just sack up, pay 70% of the contract off and trade him to the Marlins.

Just a few minutes ago on the Fox broadcast of Philly/Atlanta, they said MLB is reported that negotiations have ended and that Rodriguez will be suspended for the rest of the year and all of next season. Announcement Monday.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 15m
Can confirm reports from @Joelsherman1 and @NYDNsports: MLB and Yankees rejected meetings with A-Rod camp. Barring last-minute change…

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 15m
…baseball plans to suspend A-Rod for at least this season and next. He has told friends he will appeal and “fight to the end.”

RBH

banner-arod-0803.jpg

Alex Rodriguez just talked himself out of a possible settlement with Major League Baseball and faces a 214-game suspension to be handed down on Monday, the Daily News has learned.

Following Rodriguez’s explosive comments after Friday night’s minor league rehab game in Trenton in which Rodriguez basically said Major League Baseball and the Yankees were conspiring to keep him off the field in order to void his contract, MLB officials have rejected Rodriguez’s request to negotiate a suspension settlement, a baseball source familiar with the situation said.

According to the source, Players Association chief Michael Weiner reached out to MLB on behalf of Rodriguez Saturday morning in an attempt to talk settlement but was told that baseball is no longer interested in negotiating with the disgraced third baseman.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...y-ban-a-rod-latest-outburst-article-1.1416810

Top Bottom